Close
Advertise Here

The Killswitch Report: Brotherhood of Violence 2 - Blood Impact by Realtech VR

Brotherhood of Violence 2 - Blood Impact by Realtech VR. A street fighting game that will put your fighting skills to the test.

OUYA has a few fighting games but this may be the best of the bunch so far. To give you a little background on the game, you’re a former member of the elite brotherhood of assassins. The problem with that is…there are no “former” members. Big Boss has found leverage to drag you back in, he kidnapped your brother. Now you must fight your ways through over 30 unique environments to bring your brother home.

Brotherhood of Violence has a lot of detail put into it. From the 3D graphics to the amount of customization you can do. You have 12 characters to choose from and you can change their complexion, weight, clothes, accessories, facial hair, etc. You can even pick your fighting technique: Boxing, Muey-thai, Feral, Kung-fu or Karate. At the beginning of the game you start with a basic moveset but as you progress you learn new moves, so don’t get discouraged when your early moveset is low, pretty soon you’ll be doing a double noggin knocker or curb stompin fools which is one of the finishers. One or two of the animations are a bit janky like when you get knocked the hell out, looks like a double fall but besides that, everything else is smooth.

Do you know there are actually over 400 enemies? Ok maybe not 400 but there are 400 different stylized enemies so some may have 3-4 forms but the number does add up to over 400. Not only that, the enemies evolve. Yes the enemies get smarter as you go along. A move you do today, might not work tomorrow because they may have learned your moves. Enemies talk smack too, they don’t just stand there and look menacing, they tell you they’re going to kick your ass. They use different words but you get the point.

There are 3 difficulty levels, daily challenges, lots of things to unlock like new accessories and your moveset, a nice level of detail and a story to go with the game too. They really packed a lot into this game and it’s not even a game that was meant for consoles. Another thing I forgot to mention, there is 2 player mode in this game.

I was debating my final score on the game. I’m going to give Brotherhood a 4 shuriken rating. It's not a perfect game but it's a good one. Not too many are perfect so it's not a knock in any way. Realtech VR delivered again.

I did a 10 minute playthrough on the game so you can see some of what I mentioned in this review. Enjoy.

Last edited by Killswitch; 05-19-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Official OUYA Representative

Thanks for posting!

This game also has couch multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by wienersoup View Post
    This game also has couch multiplayer.
    Ha. That's what happens when there is no player 2. Things like that get left out....guess I should fix that.

Banned

You should fix that. Its half of why I buy games anymore.

Dealing with that edit bug problem so I can't edit the post...fun. Anyway, it has 2 player. Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Dealing with that edit bug problem so I can't edit the post...fun. Anyway, it has 2 player. Fixed
    A workaround is to press "reply with quote", copying the text, going to the edit page and paste it there removing the [QUOTE] tags. You can either edit it before copying it or after you pasted it in the edit page. A little boring but it works.
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?12041-The-list-of-offline-working-games