Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As a tool for selecting particular games or types of games the "founders" category seems not as useful as other categories.

I can imagine they keep it there as a way of saying "so above you have these useful categories containing all our games, but wait, let us show you how it all started and who were there". Like a museum or historical reference.

So I won't go out on the streets shouting "that category should be removed" but I also will not cry (not for very long at least) if it were removed, for instance to make the interface more compact.
    Last edited by Foppy; 05-17-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foppy View Post
    As a tool for selecting particular games or types of games the "founders" category seems not as useful as other categories.

I can imagine they keep it there as a way of saying "so above you have these useful categories containing all our games, but wait, let us show you how it all started and who were there". Like a museum or historical reference.

So I won't go out on the streets shouting "that category should be removed" but I also will not cry (not for very long at least) if it were removed, for instance to make the interface more compact.
    I think it is suppose to be a way to feature and promote them but I think they could still do that and do it better with what I already suggested.

I do like the idea of having a playlist that's decided monthly by OUYA Forums but that's pretty much what the o-rank is, but on a slightly larger scale. If anything I think they should do a "[name of OUYA gamer]'s playlist". Sort of like what they are already doing with "important" people (I guess most of them are devs?) but at the same time include us mortals. But I wouldn't mind that section going completely in favor of an even more tidy interface.

A bit off topic, but related:
    Oh, and by the way, in PLAY (this time I won't mention my long time dream of having custom folders in it, except now I did... and... yeah), I would love to see both a Favorites AND a Want to buy. Right now I'm using favorites to remind me of older games I love that I'm not playing as much anymore, so even if they won't show up in the first section (recently played) they do show. But I have been marking a few games I haven't bought yet as favorites as well to remember them. And that is a bit... messy. So, what I would like is something like this:

RECENTLY PLAYED
    [GAME] [GAME] [GAME]

FAVORITES
    [GAME] [GAME] [GAME]

WANT TO BUY
    [GAME] [GAME] [GAME]

And then of course keep the "recently downloaded" and "bought" and that jazz. They are really useful.

And I would also like if every PLAY section also had a "Starfighter's seal of approval" playlist. Because I know what's best for every gamer.
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    I do like the idea of having a playlist that's decided monthly by OUYA Forums but that's pretty much what the o-rank is, but on a slightly larger scale. If anything I think they should do a "[name of OUYA gamer]'s playlist". Sort of like what they are already doing with "important" people (I guess most of them are devs?) but at the same time include us mortals. But I wouldn't mind that section going completely in favor of an even more tidy interface.

A bit off topic, but related:
    Oh, and by the way, in PLAY (this time I won't mention my long time dream of having custom folders in it, except now I did... and... yeah), I would love to see both a Favorites AND a Want to buy. Right now I'm using favorites to remind me of older games I love that I'm not playing as much anymore, so even if they won't show up in the first section (recently played) they do show. But I have been marking a few games I haven't bought yet as favorites as well to remember them. And that is a bit... messy. So, what I would like is something like this:

RECENTLY PLAYED
    [GAME] [GAME] [GAME]

FAVORITES
    [GAME] [GAME] [GAME]

WANT TO BUY
    [GAME] [GAME] [GAME]

And then of course keep the "recently downloaded" and "bought" and that jazz. They are really useful.

And I would also like if every PLAY section also had a "Starfighter's seal of approval" playlist. Because I know what's best for every gamer.
    Sounds sort of like my first idea I submitted in this section.

It sure does! I guess since the suggestion has been around for two years and it still hasn't been implemented it's not going to happen. But is it something I've learnt this week it's never say never.
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)