Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.

Should "Our Founders" Be Removed?

I was looking through Discover lately and noticed that I've always had this disdain for the section mentioned in the title. It never changes because there aren't that many founders releasing anything and it's a waste of space that could be used more better things. Granted, the new update is going to hit, but I fear that this section will remain. Do you guys think that this section needs to be removed? Sure, it's nice that the founders are getting some love, but they're not above anyone else in the grand scheme of things as it will only serve to create a divide.

I was kind of thinking the same thing when I was browsing that section the other day. Maybe it could be more of a showcase where you click on a developer and it shows their games. I was trying to find all the Handygames that were on OUYA, seeing their icon and clicking it would have made it a lot easier.
    "On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of EVIL!"- Vigo the Carpathian

I never even knew what this section was. Games from devs who Kickstarted OUYA, perhaps? If so, its time has certainly run its course. There's no reason to be waving that banner any more, OUYA is not a brand new product.
    OUYA console to become doorstop when store server shuts down. But since it seems to be safe so far, we just need a place to collect new (and updated?) OUYA titles.
    Have you made your game sideload-able for OUYA hardware? Put it on http://itch.io, then let me know and i'll add it to a collection we can all link to.

Wasn't the section to be only for one year after release? Don't remember exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

Well, a lot of time has passed and unless Ouya intends to re-open the doors for 'more' founders which would usually have to follow the sound of words relentlessly flying out from marketing people until I feel the ground gravitate towards my face. It probably should sunset gracefully. I usually skip right past it for the new games, updated games, and I'll spend a few seconds looking at the beta catagory which never seems to change.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

I think they should be kept but have the fist icon where they put the external storage and monetization icons. And maybe put them in a genre. Only on OUYA should be a genre too. Basically any row that doesn't dynamically change like Trending Now, Newly Updated, New Releases, and Sales/Bundles does but are very static instead should be put into genres with the genre bar at the bottom. At the very very least the static rows should be O-Ranked to make them more dynamic. That was how it was back when the library was low and they all showed TowerFall but the library is huge, so I don't think that would be a problem now. If it still would be then put them in new genres. Only the useful dynamic information is needed in the open. We gain nothing new and useful from the static rows. It is just clutter. I rather have multiple rows of dev chosen playlists than that crap.

Honestly I even forgot it was there, I usually look only the O-rank, new releases and recently updated. Sometimes also at sales/bundles, but that's all.
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?12041-The-list-of-offline-working-games

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffry84 View Post
    Honestly I even forgot it was there, I usually look only the O-rank, new releases and recently updated. Sometimes also at sales/bundles, but that's all.
    Exactly! Dynamic rows!
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 05-17-2015 at 09:10 AM.

2 members found this post helpful.
    I bet a "Ouyaforums Toplist of the Month" would be way more attractive.
    IN PIXEL I TRUST

Banned

What pat said. Get rid of Founders in lou of Ouya exclusive.