Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

MouseCraft Contest - Ends When Someone Succeeds.

Welcome To The Contest Page!

You all had trouble with the MouseCraft contest before given that Stalagflight was an unexpectedly difficult game. This will be a unique contest because whomever can beat my Stalaflight score of 1220 first will get a code for MouseCraft. The contest will last until someone beats it so have fun playing at your leisure, but don't take too long because someone may take the code from you before you can take it for yourself.

Note: Take a picture of your score when completed and post it in this thread. For extra authenticity, write your username on a note and tape it on the television before taking the picture. Note: No screen-captures and if you opt to take a picture with a note then make sure it isn't obstructing any of the results on the screen.

Wow, a never ending contest.

Riot: It's still 1220 you have to beat.

Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

i bet she glitched the game somehow!
    IN PIXEL I TRUST

I'm willing to give you guys two tips for success if this contest ages well enough. In the meantime, have fun. I like this game.

Tip #1: A lot of people are confused as to how you're supposed to control the character. The most comment mistake is when someone holds the left analog stick in a certain direction and presses the action button to find themselves jumping in random directions. If you want precise aiming when you jump then the analog stick in the direction you want to go, but make sure the character is able to make the jump. Desiring him to jump up when he's on a southern end of a rock won't work as you'll just jump down. You don't have to be precise with this, but a general location on the rock is required.

723... I'm slowly getting there. The difficulty seems to peak around 350-500 (that's where I die the most). When I got past the 500 m mark it was smooth sailing up until 723 when the nerves got me.
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    723... I'm slowly getting there. The difficulty seems to peak around 350-500 (that's where I die the most). When I got past the 500 m mark it was smooth sailing up until 723 when the nerves got me.
    Patience was actually going to be my second tip. Don't feel like you have to race against the clock despite lava constantly on your ass. A single jump that has good distance between it will allow you more breathing time than you think.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Hell even taking your time and nailing a few small jumps helped me. I started off thinking I needed to make HUGE jumps, but as usual, my first assumption was wrong…dead wrong to be exact.

The young man on the wall is Judah by the way, and the beautiful woman in the picture to the right of the tv is my wife.

Score: 1373

Last edited by Eldon.McGuinness; 05-23-2015 at 03:06 AM.

It's about time someone beat my score. Seriously, people. It literally took me one day to make it. Fuckin' losers (excluding Eldon)...

Anyways, congratulations to Eldon! You get the MouseCraft code. As usual, you're always one to compete very well.