Close
Advertise Here

View Poll Results: Should OUYA partner with Edx or Coursera to offer Android Game Dev Classes?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Please, oh please OUYA! Do this!

3 75.00%
  • Nope, sounds like a waste of time.

1 25.00%
    OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

OUYA should partner with Edx or Coursera for an Android Dev Class.

What is " EDX OR COURSERA " ?
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

I voted yes, and this should have been part of their strategy from the beginning: I could have seen middle school, high school, and college courses in brick and mortar schools too. They could have done what Apple had done, but with Android programming.
    "My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!"- Bozie OO Spool

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

They are MOOCs, what are MOOCs you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A massive open online course (MOOC /muːk/) is an online course aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web. In addition to traditional course materials such as filmed lectures, readings, and problem sets, many MOOCs provide interactive user forums to support community interactions between students, professors, and teaching assistants (TAs). MOOCs are a recent and widely researched development in distance education which was first introduced in 2008 and emerged as a popular mode of learning in 2012.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_open_online_course

Essentially they are websites that have a large number of topics for which they offer FULL classes.