Close
Advertise Here

View Poll Results: Should Ouya get rid of the touchpad for the Ouya 2?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 57.14%
  • No

6 42.86%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don't know how you others touchpad works, but mine is like moving 1 centimeter on screen if I move it slow or half a screen when I move it fast. Also the area for the touhcpad is really small. I really wouldnt call that accurate. If I have to use a stick at least I know where I'm goign and how fast.
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

Banned

My touchpad is not like that. Also you can't say whether or not something will be accurate until it is implemented. From stick mouse things I've used before they are not as accurate. Thats why most FPS players will tout keyboard/mouse over a controller.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

My vote is just like some of the others here, keep the touchpad unless there is a button to trigger a mouse overlay with the analog sticks. The key to this is going to be making sure it does not interfere with the buttons functionality as it is now (R3, L3, etc); in other words, the trigger will have to be a new button.

As it is, throw it away. It is a pian to deal with because of its accuracy and random spikes in speeds. I'd use a mouse if there were more usb ports. I'm down for a buttom to switch to mouse mode, or a trackball. hahaha Anyone remember the Pippen?
    Signature Pending...

They should get rid of it. The focus of the controller should be to play games. If developers want to make games and they need a mouse cursor on the screen then they can get a USB mouse, if they don't already have one. To compensate for the touch pad they can add rumble motors or something that innovates and improves from the current OUYA controller, in the game-playing aspect.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

2 members found this post helpful.
    No.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Banned

^^

The touchpad makes it way easier to browse the web and use apks not meant for the system. KEEP!
    Makin' the bacon's a risk worth takin'

Currently going through "Persona Phase". I need help ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    My vote is just like some of the others here, keep the touchpad unless there is a button to trigger a mouse overlay with the analog sticks. The key to this is going to be making sure it does not interfere with the buttons functionality as it is now (R3, L3, etc); in other words, the trigger will have to be a new button.
    I agree with this, in the sense that I think the touch pad makes an interesting alternative button. With lacking a select sort of button, I agree that another button should replace it if the trackpad is removed.

Though I will say that I feel the touch pad, even if it wasn't meant as its original function, makes a rather intuitive map button.
    "Be the change you wish to see."