Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Official OUYA Representative

Ezra is correct on all fronts.

Well there is free music, doesn't mean people will use it but it is out there and probably a lot more than people realize. I'm picky so kind of keeping my viewpoint on the actual music out of it since I never seem to find anything free that I like. But have you played this version of Joe Danger? The music does get to be really repetitive. Gameplay is just about perfect for the game but then the music drags it down. For a few minutes it's fine but there is a lot of game here and if you try to keep moving, it will wear you down. Maybe that's not everyone and that's why there is always discussion when it comes to reviews. The music doesn't seem to even fit the game really...but that could just be me. I'm sure when my game is released and people hear the music, they will probably look for something to pick at too but at least there will be options vs 1 track through the whole thing. That just seems weird to me, no matter how you slice it.

Files can be compressed or just release large files, but you have a point on the mobile size where it can be a problem. But if the game is made ready for OUYA, then that's less of a problem. I'm not sure how they did the port so can't say...for OUYA it's not much of an issue. I'd actually like to hear from them on this and not because I want to reply or anything. Just my curiosity...

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Well there is free music, doesn't mean people will use it but it is out there and probably a lot more than people realize. I'm picky so kind of keeping my viewpoint on the actual music out of it since I never seem to find anything free that I like. But have you played this version of Joe Danger? The music does get to be really repetitive. Gameplay is just about perfect for the game but then the music drags it down. For a few minutes it's fine but there is a lot of game here and if you try to keep moving, it will wear you down. Maybe that's not everyone and that's why there is always discussion when it comes to reviews. The music doesn't seem to even fit the game really...but that could just be me. I'm sure when my game is released and people hear the music, they will probably look for something to pick at too but at least there will be options vs 1 track through the whole thing. That just seems weird to me, no matter how you slice it.

Files can be compressed or just release large files, but you have a point on the mobile size where it can be a problem. But if the game is made ready for OUYA, then that's less of a problem. I'm not sure how they did the port so can't say...for OUYA it's not much of an issue. I'd actually like to hear from them on this and not because I want to reply or anything. Just my curiosity...
    Building on this, there are games on Android and the OUYA platform that are bigger than Joe Danger. Pier Solar HD, The Ball, SHADOWGUN, Ravensword: Shadowlands, the list goes on. Saying that music adds size is factual. However, labeling it as a problem and using it as an excuse to be lazy in the development process is erroneous. A lot of music is free, plentiful, and this game's lack of anymore songs is retarded.

End of story.