Close
Advertise Here

1 members found this post helpful.

Buying aftermarket parts and bluetooth package from Ouya direct suggestion

I kind of wish Ouya would sell the bluetooth module as a stand-alone unit like on http://www.dx.com/p/tp-bcm730-hid-bl...7#.VTbuLpNSW5I as I feel a little bad totally destroying an Ouya controller just to make a MAME stick or Dance Pad controller as an example. Also, extracting the bluetooth chip without a reflow station Ben Heck style is a little brutal on the package and increases the chance of failure.

I know selling the package like that may only appeal to a hyper small portion of the gaming society.

Also, although face-plates can be acquired. Getting the Joystick analog plastics would be nice as well. I know you can easily replace the sticks with Xbox 360 sticks when they wear out. But it's nice to revert them back to OEM if you want as well.

Thanks and take care.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

I am with ya. I would love to tinker more but I don't want to (potentially) destroy my working gear, especially now that we can't get a new one, just to satisfy my need to mod.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Aftermarket? Feel like I should be bringing a Honda into the thread with me. I don't know if they should sell them but at least have places to recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Aftermarket? Feel like I should be bringing a Honda into the thread with me. I don't know if they should sell them but at least have places to recommend.
    V-Tec yo!

Ouya sort of got into aftermarket parts with going all face-plate controller crazy for a while. I just thought it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to take it further by offering other parts for your controllers (even your console case or fan too, I've seen some Ouyas at gamestop that look like someone dragged them through a gravel pit). If they have a company that wants to do it for them cool beans! I'd check it out. If they give another company the HEX/BIN file for the I2C EEPROM firmware cloning to program stock broadcom Bluetooth chips I would buy it.