Close
Advertise Here
    OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Developer, Art, Translation, Etc. staff contacts on OUYA.wiki

I am hoping that the OUYA.wiki site can be used as a directory of contacts, one that can offer services in the various game and app creation fields. Before I took the time to create the page I wanted to see what the community thought, after all the wiki is a community driven and based.

I was thinking of using a separate namespace of each job type:
    ForHire: Programming
    ForHire: Art
    ForHire: Audio
    ForHire: Video
    ForHire: Promotion

Do you think this is a good idea and do you think the pages above would be enough, or should they be changed?

Why use the wiki?
    I do realize the forums have information like this, but it is often scattered across many posts and in some cases gets buried. In contrast, I think a wiki format will offer a concise and clear listing.

So it's you maintaining the Wiki? I have a question: are the apk files there the ones hosted by OUYA/Razer or is it a different source?

And if so, what can I do to help completing the archive?
    So many games, so little time...

Yes sir, a few people have added a lot as well. I am not hosting the APKs at this time as OUYA's servers are still up and they can be accessed there, though I have personally downloaded a copy of all the apks that can be obtained without premium access.

The wiki could use someone to fill in any empty pages as well as update information as needed. The OUYA catalog is automatically updated via script I run, so really it is just the other pages. If you're interested then signup for an account and check out the homepage where I list some pages that could use some love.

If you have other pages you would like to add then feel free to add them.
    Last edited by Eldon.McGuinness; 05-29-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Hmmm... I'm not really good at writing, actually. I thought I could contribute to the apk archive. Is there a way to retrieve them from my OUYA?
    So many games, so little time...

You could use an app like es explorer to backup the apks, but unless it is a premium app there is not much a point as they are all already safely tucked away on a server I have. Then again there is a point to be made that if the store goes down drm'd apks will be pointless as we will not be able to authenticate them with the server missing.

Sounds good to me. What are you planning to write in those pages? I mean, some sort of default content, like templates and curricula and things like that?
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?12041-The-list-of-offline-working-games

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffry84 View Post
    Sounds good to me. What are you planning to write in those pages? I mean, some sort of default content, like templates and curricula and things like that?
    Hey mate, this thread is kinda old and the idea did not catch on last year when I proposed it so I doubt it will happen. @Retrowurst, necro'd it with an off topic question. I think this should be locked or just outright deleted.

Some necromancing doesnt' hurt, imo.

Well, I guess it didn't work before mostly because most developers are scattered and aren't often here or on the wiki. I guess that if people are still willing to develop for the console after the doors for submissions are closed this place would be one of the best places to gather and maybe to make up working teams. The Wiki in this case could become a good source for information, guides, tools and so on. To stay on topic, I have to say I don't know about people.
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?12041-The-list-of-offline-working-games

Indeed, I'm completely up for people adding, using and maintaining the Wiki. If the desire were to arise for anyone, please feel free to contact me!