Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KOTOR on OUYA

Thanks but I only played a few minutes. Reinstalling now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OUYAForum Regular Negative Zero's Avatar

3 members found this post helpful.
    So, KOTOR is now free on the Amazon Underground. Enjoy!
    Juxtaposition is the human condition.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Zero View Post
    SUX that I bought it about a week before they did that. Oh well. I'm still happy with the purchase and the game.
    "My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!"- OO Spool

Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    Edit. Nvm. Your video does have the blue button. I must have been watching a cut scene.

There is a big blue play pause button on the left side of the screen. Whenever I come across an enemy, it defaults to pause. I have to either click it with the touchpad or press the left joystick in the center. I did not see the blue play pause button I your YouTube video, so I was wondering what the deal is.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the default behavior is that anytime there is a change in target or enemy spotted, the game pauses. You should be able to change this in the menus. If I recall, there's an option where you can tell it to pause or not pause on those triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadious View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the default behavior is that anytime there is a change in target or enemy spotted, the game pauses. You should be able to change this in the menus. If I recall, there's an option where you can tell it to pause or not pause on those triggers.
    Well, hello Nadious. I just talked to you on the shield forum.😀. I am Catonis there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

In case you're interested, I made a video demonstrating that the KOTOR Save Editor works with the Android version of KOTOR. The video was made with the Amazon Underground version of the game on my Shield TV, but I have also confirmed it working on OUYA.

If you're not familiar with the concept, the save editor was developed for the PC version of KOTOR, and it allows you to edit your save (obviously) to change your appearance, stats, class, location, feats, powers, and more. It's not exactly modding, but it is fun to mess around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Zero View Post
    wow I have KOTOR2 on steam, better check this out!
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have

Here's a step-by-step process on how to use KSE (KOTOR Save Editor) on Android devices. I used my Shield TV to demonstrate how to use it, but I have confirmed it works on OUYA (and it should work for ALL android devices). It's actually easier to deal with the files on the OUYA since Filepwn is a much better app than ES File Explorer.

1 members found this post helpful.
    So I found out that modding is possible with the Android version of KOTOR. Simply make a folder on your pc named "Override", put the mod files of the mod you want inside it, and transfer it over to your OUYA/Forge/Android device via usb or whatever method you prefer. Place the Override folder in

sdcard0/Android/data/com.aspyr.swkotor/files/

and you are good to go. If (on your OUYA) you moved KOTOR to the usb drive, the path is

usbdrive/Android/data/com.aspyr.swkotor/files
    (It might be com.aspyr.swkotor.underground if you downloaded the game from Amazon Underground)

This method will not work for mods that use an installer, but many, many mods are available. Props to Aspyr.
    Video guide below.