Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KOTOR on OUYA

I've deleted all amazon except sonic 4.

I've gone through and deleted obbs of games I uninstalled too.
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 03-24-2015 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Can you explain how to make it work from the .apk?

OUYAForum Regular Negative Zero's Avatar

@wienersoup Did you free up enough space?

@Korben I didn't use the apk. I just installed from the amazon app store. You have it from google play, right? Try downloading and installing from there again, it's been updated to use controllers.
    Juxtaposition is the human condition.

2 members found this post helpful.
    Not yet. I gotta go through and figure our which out apps I have on the ouya hard drive too. But I know they are only few and far apart. But I think I might have a big one like oddworld I can move over.

Figured it out. My problem was I and to go into dev settings and uncheck the kill process option. It works now!

Quote Originally Posted by wienersoup View Post
    Not yet. I gotta go through and figure our which out apps I have on the ouya hard drive too. But I know they are only few and far apart. But I think I might have a big one like oddworld I can move over.

Figured it out. My problem was I and to go into dev settings and uncheck the kill process option. It works now!
    Brilliant.. thanks for that.
    Just got the game because it's on offer, but i had the problem with it not downloading the extra data. Your tip has fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by wienersoup View Post

Thanks for pointing that out; I completely forgot that I keep that unchecked. I've edited the first post to reflect this.

Negative zero. Are there any tricks to turning on controller support? That play pause button is still there for me, and there are certain things I cannot do without the touchpad.

Also, is there any way to push to usb storage? This thing is huge. Most files stay on internal storage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hey, magister. For your first question, are you saying you don't have the same controls that are in the first post in this thread? There will be some touchpad use for medpacs, stims, force powers, etc. I don't think there's a way to get rid of the overlay.

As for the usb storage issue, I have better news. My trick has been to keep the Amazon Appstore on usb (moved normally), and then move whatever games I download over to usb as soon as they are installed.

This is how it should go:

1) Buy and download the game
    2) When finished installing, click 'done'. Do not click 'open'.
    3) Clicking 'done' takes you back to the Appstore. Exit the Appstore.
    4) KOTOR should be in you MAKE menu. Press 'O' to enter its details page.
    5) 'Move' the game to usb storage.
    6) Finally open the game and install the additional files. They should go straight to usb.

Using this method I have 2.42gb of obb files on my usb drive. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit. Nvm. Your video does have the blue button. I must have been watching a cut scene.

There is a big blue play pause button on the left side of the screen. Whenever I come across an enemy, it defaults to pause. I have to either click it with the touchpad or press the left joystick in the center. I did not see the blue play pause button I your YouTube video, so I was wondering what the deal is. ,

As to the usb, I am assuming I would need to uninstall and reinstall after moving the app store?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes, you would need to do a clean install. If you've played more than a few hours, you can copy your saves and put them back on to the new install. There's more to it than just copy and paste, but I can give you directions if you need them.