3 members found this post helpful.
Hi! Developer here. Sorry for the mini-bump. I'm glad people are chatting about HoU. Just to answer a few questions that popped up here and are often asked in general:
1. It will get an official release once I feel the the bugs are ironed out. I've neglected playing it on OUYA, truthfully, so there are some areas for performance improvements, but things are definitely wrapping up.
2. It will be completely free. No ads. No DLC. No in-app purchases. (The best way to support this game is to share and play with friends.)
3. I wrote the engine in Java with libgdx and used iDraw for the pixels. bXmMusic generously provided the soundtrack.
4. The source is closed for the moment because it's messy and ugly but if you are a developer and want to know how I did something in the engine contact me.
5. For online play and easily finding hosted games, I can create tools or features if there is interest. I do have a box hosting a server 24/7 for testing purposes, you can see if it's up by checking http://play.heroesofumbra.com. Feel free to coordinate games etc. while it is around.
Since this is still in beta I'm completely open to feedback and suggestions. There won't be too many major features from here on out but please contact me with bugs, thoughts, complaints, ideas, and so on:
twitter | facebook | wiki | website