Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cool. Sounds good to me. I gotta get into this one. But it might have to come after Reaper, Meltdown and Bombsquad. Not to mention all the other ones I plan to get. Then again I can throw sometime into it. Its not like
    I'll have anything to do for the next few months. Should really gimme some time to finally get into my Ouya.

Lovely game ! I only had 2 sessions and I have a level 33 character!

@Eldon, maybe you could develop a plug-in for OSA where one could enter his IP address and other players could click on his nickname to send an online game request via UDP.
    This is something Ouya Inc needs to implement in the next firmware update.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Hey Oldkid! Notification of who is online and send messages would be great, but with the next OTA supposedly having some "desired" features I'm hesitant to put a toe into the water until it comes up. I would hate to get into coding a multiplayer notification bit, only to have OUYA implement it themselves in the next update.

The down side to not letting devs or users know what is in upcoming updates I guess you could say.

This does look fun! looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    Hey Oldkid! Notification of who is online and send messages would be great, but with the next OTA supposedly having some "desired" features I'm hesitant to put a toe into the water until it comes up. I would hate to get into coding a multiplayer notification bit, only to have OUYA implement it themselves in the next update.

The down side to not letting devs or users know what is in upcoming updates I guess you could say.
    Fair enough. Let's see what surprises the next OTA holds.

3 members found this post helpful.
    Hi! Developer here. Sorry for the mini-bump. I'm glad people are chatting about HoU. Just to answer a few questions that popped up here and are often asked in general:

1. It will get an official release once I feel the the bugs are ironed out. I've neglected playing it on OUYA, truthfully, so there are some areas for performance improvements, but things are definitely wrapping up.
    2. It will be completely free. No ads. No DLC. No in-app purchases. (The best way to support this game is to share and play with friends.)
    3. I wrote the engine in Java with libgdx and used iDraw for the pixels. bXmMusic generously provided the soundtrack.
    4. The source is closed for the moment because it's messy and ugly but if you are a developer and want to know how I did something in the engine contact me.
    5. For online play and easily finding hosted games, I can create tools or features if there is interest. I do have a box hosting a server 24/7 for testing purposes, you can see if it's up by checking http://play.heroesofumbra.com. Feel free to coordinate games etc. while it is around.

Since this is still in beta I'm completely open to feedback and suggestions. There won't be too many major features from here on out but please contact me with bugs, thoughts, complaints, ideas, and so on:
    twitter | facebook | wiki | website
    Last edited by Andrew Keturi; 03-27-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    Developer, Heroes of Umbra

Thanks for the reply to this thread. Alot of people here love your game. Havent played it yet, but I see the hype around here and can tell I"ll love it. I think alot of people will def be into

5. For online play and easily finding hosted games, I can create tools or features if there is interest. I do have a box hosting a server 24/7 for testing purposes, you can see if it's up by checking http://play.heroesofumbra.com. Feel free to coordinate games etc. while it is around.

Theres lots of savvy heads here that can probably come up with something useful. Other then that I'm sure everyone is glad and appreciates you popped in. Your more then welcome to hangout here whenever you want/have the time.

I am also voicing my support for this game. It is a lot of fun. Old school tough, too. Feels like a game from a long time ago.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Tried checking http://play.heroesofumbra.com to see if it was still up, but no joy.

I've gotten to the part in the cave where you need someone else to hit the switch to continue, so I'm looking forward to someone wanting/willing to hop on and kill shit with me.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!