Close
Advertise Here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

I don't think I'm going to have time to try to get a better score. We'll see if anyone knocks me out of the top three.

Quote Originally Posted by chicgamer View Post
    Wow, very nice!

I actually seem to be getting worse instead of better, so I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to beat my own top score.
    Thank you! I didn't see your compliment until just now.

The worse-phase is such a pain. I'm always reaching it sooner or later. This is how all my video game efforts go:

1) The first few tries goes pretty bad.
    2) I'm getting the hang of it.
    3) Here I come, highscores! Just you wait!
    4) Proceed to utterly suck at everything. This is the worse-phase, or shit-phase as I tend to call it.
    5) Here's where I finally start to play good. It's not very often I get through phase four though.
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    Thank you! I didn't see your compliment until just now.

The worse-phase is such a pain. I'm always reaching it sooner or later. This is how all my video game efforts go:

1) The first few tries goes pretty bad.
    2) I'm getting the hang of it.
    3) Here I come, highscores! Just you wait!
    4) Proceed to utterly suck at everything. This is the worse-phase, or shit-phase as I tend to call it.
    5) Here's where I finally start to play good. It's not very often I get through phase four though.
    This basically sums up all of my video game endeavors.
    "When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead!"- Barney Stinson

Yeah, I went from knowing where to hit the flippers to get the ball to go up the left ramp, into the bazaar, and on either loop to being totally rubbish. I think I need a break from this table.

You have about 90 minutes to get those scores in people. Can you make it into the Top 3? Can anyone take on the current top dog Starfighter?

Looks like the mystery contender hasn't shown up to steal the victory.
    This contest has ended and it looks like Starfighter is the king of pinball around here.
    Thank you for participating.
    Helmut and Chicgamer, you guys get to be runner up losers

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Yep, just double-checked everything and Starfighter is now dubbed King of Pinball Arcade's Tales of Arabian Nights. Well done, Starfighter. The scores that I posted were all that I could do in the limited time I had, but I'm sure if I had more then I would have given you a run for your score and made things more interesting for us. Chicgamer & Helmut competed very well too. You three will be getting a private message containing a redeem code for Babylon 2055 Pinball very soon.

As for future contests that would incorporate Pinball Arcade? I have ideas and one of which is to take advantage of the "Free Game of the Month" feature. For the time being, enjoy The Little Crane That Could contests and the upcoming contest to win a code for Shadowblade.

Thank you and congratulations to the other winners.

Congratulations, everyone! A little bit of a hollow victory for me, since I didn't actually have the third best score posted in this thread, but I appreciate the code for Babylon 2055 Pinball nonetheless.

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

And with the final winner making her post, this thread is now locked. Stay tuned for some Shadowblade...