Close
Advertise Here

1 members found this post helpful.

Munky Needs PlayTested!

Hello!
    Here's something incredibly rare, for AGameAWeek... An early TEST edition!!

I'm pretty settled on the engine, and I'm comfortable that 99.9% of collisions work like they oughta. There's the occasional glitch, but hopefully I can tweak those back to normality by the time I'm done.
    Anyway, I'm making a classic old-skool platform game. (Based on this 10 year old original)
    Controls are (so far) easy.. Left and right (dpad or left thumbstick), and button (O) to jump.

You can download the test apk here (link no longer available) and then sideload onto your OUYA however best you do do that.

The test level is fairly large, but has no death/exit/other stuff. This is pretty much just for testing Munky's physics, and getting the right sort of feel for the game.
    I'm pretty confident that I've got the feel "just right", but I've decided to see what other folk feel, so if you'd like to give the test level a quick trial, that'd be nice.

The three "important" things to test are in the area to the lower-left.. (Start the game, run left, fall a bit..)

1. Can you Wall-Jump comfortably onto the platform.
    2. Can you comfortably jump your way back to the top.
    3. Can you comfortably Wall-Jump all the way back up this lengthy "chimney" area, from the bottom.

Other than those tests, feel free to run about and get a feel for the engine.
    Let me know what you do/don't like about the engine, and the controls.

Thanks
    Last edited by Jayenkai; 03-13-2015 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Removed Link
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Got a good buzz going and I will be testing this in a moment!

Update:
    Okay, after giggling at the arrow and running all the way to the right to skydive a bit, I ran to the left and found the area in question. No problem wall jumping to the first platform, no problem getting all the way to the top either. The chimney bit was odd; following the arrow confused my eyes because it couldn't keep up but when I ignored the arrow and just "felt" the wall jumps, it went perfectly. Actually, it might be a touch too easy as the 5 year old is in there playing it now and not having any problems despite not having a actual character to jump around with.

Can't wait to see the finished product JNK!
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 03-11-2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Update.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Cool! Good to know it's child friendly, too! Thanks for testing

.. Now I just have to make the other 95% of the game
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Banned

Will report when I can.

worked great.