Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Question Regarding Upcoming Games & Applications.

Hello,

As you know, we lock threads in Upcoming Games & Applications and make a thread in Current Games & Application for the same respective game/application if there isn't one already upon it being submitted to Discover. With that said, I'm tempted to ask those of you what you would like for us to do about this section regarding one simple thing. Would you like to have us keep going as we have & just simply leave the locked thread in Upcoming Games & Applications, or move every locked thread into the Archive (which can't be seen but search)?

As you know, the former has its advantages because it could be used as a quick reference for minor information here and there. The latter, however, could be used for absolute organization. Everybody would know what's still coming, the section would look cleaner, and it will be easier to search in for viable content. What would you like to have us do, OUYAForum. The former, or the latter?

Banned

I like the idea of archiving so I can go into that section and not browse through locked threads but its still accessible through search.

If the section were renamed to "In Development", instead of just "Upcoming", then a developer might be more prepared to head back to the thread, post-release, in order to discuss upcoming changes/enhancements/updates/more, without constantly bumping the actual game's thread.

Personally, I don't like when I bump a topic myself, unless it's a Development-based thread. Then I'm happy, because most of the posts of those are going to be by me.
    A game thread should be clean of dev-stuff, and more about the end-result.

The way you currently have it, once a game's locked, the "Development" thread gets locked, and then everything ends up being splodged into the single thread.
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Banned

I think thats what she wants though. Its Upcoming so people will go to the open thread to post their problems. Thats why Nostalgia has over a billion posts (not really that many) I like the way it currently is. Just use the current game. Unless you're saying you want to transfer the upcoming to the current and just get rid of having 2 threads in total but I don't think thats what you were saying.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Could we add prefixes like released, cancelled, upcoming, etc.?

OUYAForum Regular Negative Zero's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizophretard View Post
    Could we add prefixes like released, cancelled, upcoming, etc.?
    I like this, but it seems like a great deal of work. Why not just create a "Released" sub-forum (inside Upcoming) and toss all the locked threads in there? That would clean up the main Upcoming section while keeping the old stuff available.
    Juxtaposition is the human condition.

The problem with a cancelled prefix is sometimes we don't know if they are cancelled. I had an idea a while back about a thread being archived if it was inactive for X days which would effectively be the same concept and if the dev ever comes back then they can update it. The problem with indie development is that sometimes life happens. Plus you have those who don't know marketing and promotion so they let their threads slip away and don't comment for months. Even if you had a little progress or no progress, you should be updating people. But it is what it is.

Released is basically what we do already by locking threads and directing to the new thread (when someone doesn't miss closing threads ). This one won't hurt anything but the cancelled one...don't know. Released subsection...eh.

Continue on.

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Sorry, but prefixes are out of the question. It wouldn't add much organization at all & would be tens times as much work as it is now.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Zero View Post
    I like this, but it seems like a great deal of work. Why not just create a "Released" sub-forum (inside Upcoming) and toss all the locked threads in there? That would clean up the main Upcoming section while keeping the old stuff available.
    Because that makes too much sense.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Zero View Post
    There we go!
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!