Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jetmanuk View Post
    I'll but this for a dollar! (OK 10). 10 sounds a good price, this looks cool.

I wont jump in on another Beta if I can help it though, that damn Dubwars one has put me right off. I purchased it just after getting my OUYA and it was cool, now it looks horrible and plays horrible, its very very different, to me its unplayable and not what I paid for. I would not pay for that game if it was like it is now (refund please!!!). Sorry, straying off topic slightly, but Im saying Betas are a massive no no to me now.
    I hear ya, Dub Wars as really gone down hill and i paid $20 for that :/
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

I don't like to post just for complaining but the weekend is ending and I still haven't received that damn email ! I paid for beta access months ago only to find others who did not even back the game playing it before I can give it a try. I said it before but I really don't like the way this company (Ouya Inc.) treats Kickstarter backers.

I don't like to post just for complaining but the weekend is ending
    I also did not receive an e-mail. After I asked about it in the Kickstarter comments Paul sent me a code right away.

I have some points of feedback for the beta version:

1) Not everything fits on the screen on my TV (which is a typical widescreen Panasonic TV). On the title screen, only the bottom row of pixels of the text at the top of the screen ("beta test build") is visible. At the bottom of the screen, the web address is cut in half.

2) Gameplay wise, I agree with Bucckets81 that the carts slide too much. It is difficult to aim for a spot (such as inbetween barriers on the road) because the cart is constantly sliding; it is almost never moving in the direction it is pointing. (Partly due to my newbie driving skills, but still.) The sliding is obviously crucial for the fun and challenge of racing but perhaps it can be tuned down so that it still plays an important role, but more in corners, and less on the straight?

3) Great atmosphere, graphics, sound... Really hit the nail on the head, also with the wide selection of characters.
    Last edited by Foppy; 03-09-2015 at 08:20 PM.

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oldkid Livegen View Post
    I don't like to post just for complaining but the weekend is ending and I still haven't received that damn email ! I paid for beta access months ago only to find others who did not even back the game playing it before I can give it a try. I said it before but I really don't like the way this company (Ouya Inc.) treats Kickstarter backers.
    I've contacted Paul to see if he can help you. It would probably be best if you sent him a private message & sent the required information he needs to give you your code beforehand.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldkid Livegen View Post
    H Oldkid, sorry you've not gotten your key yet, I asked on kickstarter in the latest project for beta backers who wanted an OUYA version to send me an email at support@oneleggedseagullgames.com so that I could then send it to them without it going to a spam filter (like what happened to a lot of Steam beta key emails) - you didn't get that request?

To anyone who was a BETA backer and hasn't received a key or sent me an email expressing their desire to have an OUYA version, please send me a message to support@oneleggedseagullgames.com and I will sort it out for you (pretty quickly if I'm awake at the time)

==

OK, I think I got everyone fixed up this morning who needed it. With the rotten time difference I usually end up getting most of my day's support email requests through the night and waiting for me when I wake up (and then it goes quiet for the rest of my day), so if you don't get a timely reply from me, please don't think I'm ignoring you, it's likely I'm just sleeping. I usually get replies going within a few minutes if it's day time here. Except on weekends if I'm out at my boy's football game or at a family lunch or something. But either way, I'll always reply as soon as I possibly can.

Alright, now it's brekky time!
    Cheers everyone!

==

Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    I have news directly from Paul. The game will be ten dollars when it gets out of the beta and officially launches. Another thing to note, is that the game will periodically get cheaper the closer the game gets to its final release which is in June. For example, the game may be twenty-five bucks two weeks from now, and may be twenty a month from now.
    I'll address this reply generally to everyone.

To make the price drop timing as transparent as I can, I've marked on my calendar these rough dates:

So, approximately on the
    • 29th of March - $25
    • 26th of April - $20
    • 24th of May - $15
    • 28th of June - $9.95

If it doesn't happen exactly on those dates it will be pretty darn close to them.

==

When releasing the game to BETA I was pretty nervous and uncertain about how to do it as I have lots of backers I need to keep as happy as I can. I had two options, either release as a Closed BETA (like I did on Steam) where only KickStarter backers would have access to it, or have an Open BETA where players who missed the KickStarter could hop in early too.

I was told that doing it as an Open BETA was what worked for Neverending Nightmares transition from KickStarter to BETA, so I went with it. I think it's the best way to do it, rather than locking everyone out until June. This way you can hop in whenever you think it is worth it to you personally on the cost/date ratio.

For fairness, the launch price obviously had to be the same as it was during the KickStarter period or I'd have 200 backers who were very unhappy at me! I'm sure you could imagine the understandable outrage if a backer had backed it last year at $30 only to find it was $15 if you had waited until March. Similarly, the price couldn't remain $29.95 all the way up until June. How would a player feel paying $30 a day before it dropped to $9.95? Another black eye for me. The price has to slide downwards as the weeks go by.

I know you can't please everyone, but you can bloody try!

Cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by Masterchafe; 03-09-2015 at 01:20 AM. Reason: update

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Thank you for the update, Paul. I speak for all of us when I say that we're not mad at the thirty dollar price, but instead caught a little off-guard. As you can imagine, it's very unusual to see an OUYA game go for this price. As certain members have already said, we've also been burned in the past by beta games on Discover which further exacerbates our cautiousness. Everything will smooth over for all of us as time goes on, but I just wanted to speak on the behalf of this entire forum when I say we have nothing truly against the price.

Should've called it "Early Access" instead of "Beta", eh?
    OUYA console to become doorstop when store server shuts down. But since it seems to be safe so far, we just need a place to collect new (and updated?) OUYA titles.
    Have you made your game sideload-able for OUYA hardware? Put it on http://itch.io, then let me know and i'll add it to a collection we can all link to.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

That is awesome detail Masterchafe!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterchafe View Post
    H Oldkid, sorry you've not gotten your key yet, I asked on kickstarter in the latest project for beta backers who wanted an OUYA version to send me an email at support@oneleggedseagullgames.com so that I could then send it to them without it going to a spam filter (like what happened to a lot of Steam beta key emails) - you didn't get that request?

To anyone who was a BETA backer and hasn't received a key or sent me an email expressing their desire to have an OUYA version, please send me a message to support@oneleggedseagullgames.com and I will sort it out for you (pretty quickly if I'm awake at the time)

==

OK, I think I got everyone fixed up this morning who needed it. With the rotten time difference I usually end up getting most of my day's support email requests through the night and waiting for me when I wake up (and then it goes quiet for the rest of my day), so if you don't get a timely reply from me, please don't think I'm ignoring you, it's likely I'm just sleeping. I usually get replies going within a few minutes if it's day time here. Except on weekends if I'm out at my boy's football game or at a family lunch or something. But either way, I'll always reply as soon as I possibly can.

Alright, now it's brekky time!
    Cheers everyone!

==

I'll address this reply generally to everyone.

To make the price drop timing as transparent as I can, I've marked on my calendar these rough dates:

So, approximately on the
    • 29th of March - $25
    • 26th of April - $20
    • 24th of May - $15
    • 28th of June - $9.95

If it doesn't happen exactly on those dates it will be pretty darn close to them.

==

When releasing the game to BETA I was pretty nervous and uncertain about how to do it as I have lots of backers I need to keep as happy as I can. I had two options, either release as a Closed BETA (like I did on Steam) where only KickStarter backers would have access to it, or have an Open BETA where players who missed the KickStarter could hop in early too.

I was told that doing it as an Open BETA was what worked for Neverending Nightmares transition from KickStarter to BETA, so I went with it. I think it's the best way to do it, rather than locking everyone out until June. This way you can hop in whenever you think it is worth it to you personally on the cost/date ratio.

For fairness, the launch price obviously had to be the same as it was during the KickStarter period or I'd have 200 backers who were very unhappy at me! I'm sure you could imagine the understandable outrage if a backer had backed it last year at $30 only to find it was $15 if you had waited until March. Similarly, the price couldn't remain $29.95 all the way up until June. How would a player feel paying $30 a day before it dropped to $9.95? Another black eye for me. The price has to slide downwards as the weeks go by.

I know you can't please everyone, but you can bloody try!

Cheers,
    Paul
    All sounds great to me, it looks well worth $10. Will you have any longer tracks then what i have seen on the videos? A lot of them seem really short.
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

Thanks everyone. I'm the kind of person who would just wait but I know a lot of people didn't want to wait any longer. If you've been burned I have nothing against anyone who waits until $9.95, I'd do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rosse119 View Post
    All sounds great to me, it looks well worth $10. Will you have any longer tracks then what i have seen on the videos? A lot of them seem really short.
    Hi Rosse119, the size of the tracks is the same size snes mk had (1024x1024), which I really like the tightness of, but I have considered having a mega-track as a grand finale race, doubling the size in each direction, which would put it closer to the size of tracks in MK GBA or DS. I'd have to do performance tests though.