Close
Advertise Here
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by T2KFreeker View Post
    Well, I really had the time to pick this up and play it. This game is about as Solid as they come for the Ouya. Considering that the racing genre has been slim picking for the system, this game is indeed a breath of fresh air. I can't wait to see what other surprises are in the wheel hose for it when it's finished. Bravo and a Fantastic job. The controls are spot on, the framerate is very nice and from what I have played, the AI is very balanced and fair, something that many Kart Racers are missing. Just awesome and so glad I was finally able to pick it up. You Rock Masterchafe. I don't post too much here anymore, but had to break my silence to give you mad props!
    Awesome, thanks for picking it up T2KFreeker! It's taking me longer to finish making everything than I originally thought it would, because I've increased the amount of time I spend on each individual element to make the game better than I ever thought I could. Hopefully that shows. On a more positive note, there are currently 20 races in GP mode (including what's in the next update), which is equal to the amount in SMK SNES

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimega View Post
    You should post more

and Masterdude, you should be proud of your work. You have given lots of gamers a chance to play a fun kart racer on a niche console, not only is it a solid title, but it also appears to be a rather fun one as well.
    Thanks Kaimega, it's awesome that you see it that way while it's still <0.5 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Nadious View Post
    Want to add that I picked up this gem earlier this week and have enjoyed messing around with it. Takes me back to the great days of Mario Kart on the SNES. Well done. Can't wait to see how the rest of the game shapes up. Quick question: I may have missed it along the way somewhere, but is there 4 player support planned in the final version? (Will the Ouya version handle 4 players? LOL)
    Thanks Nadious, it supports 4 player in Battle Mode locally, but I'm uncertain how many it could handle in GP mode, everything literally has to be doubled for each screen. Once I've run tests I'll have a better idea of which platforms can do what, but I imagine a 2 player split for GP should be possible on OUYA too.

Cheers all! The next update for OUYA is being wrangled right now, and I'm hoping to get it submitted mid next week
    Last edited by Masterchafe; 10-09-2015 at 12:42 AM.

4 members found this post helpful.
    OK, so I managed to get everything done today (which is good as I'm off on a roadtrip this weekend as my wife is running a Triathlon I forgot about!)..

I've just sent it to OUYA, so as soon as they get a chance to make sure I havent broken everything, I'm sure you'll get the new update over the next few days.

*Update v0.41* - October 9th 2015

Huge update this time. I've got a whole new cup for you to play! The Triangle Cup features races through the worlds of Duck Game, Freedom Planet, Shutshimi, and Runbow!

Here's what was added in the v0.40 update:
    • New Crossover races with Runbow, Duck Game, Shutshimi, & Freedom Planet!
    • New karts: Val & Hue from Runbow in 8 colours each, 3 new Ducks, & Juan from Guacamelee!
    • Added a costume selector for crossover games with more than one character or costume change.
    • Added some Ghost-Filos obstacles to avoid in Whispering Willows track
    • Added more variety to the kart collision sounds
    • Fixed a bug in the music ducking code which stopped it ducking on some tracks
    • Added more voice sound events (for falling off track, getting blown up, and choosing a character)
    • Added underwater kart handling in the Shutshimi track
    • Added poles to the bottom of the street signs
    • remade some of the older track previews bringing them up to date
    • Small random bug fixes

Here's what is added in the v0.41 update:

Additions:
    • upgraded Amsterdam's almost 2yr old track with nice new trees, repainted the whole track texture, bringing it up to date and in-line with the newer tracks released more recently
    • added some Dynamic Friction to the kart's physics - making it feel way less slippy, and more hefty. You might find the kart a bit clunkier now but this is something that will later be configurable with player editable kart stats
    • added great new battle arena, Quad Blox Arena! - (had a lot of fun in this one!)
    • added some official Toto Temple Deluxe music to its race
    • added voices for Runbow's Hue & Val

Fixes:
    • fixed steering bug where turning left was 10% faster than turning right! How long has this been going on??
    • fixed broken mirror mode in Loch Lomond's race
    • 90% fixed ramp walls stopping you if you accidentally hopped onto the ramp (seriously stop hopping into ramps.. )
    • fixed a bug where your position displayed in the bottom corner would change after finishing a race!

Known issues:
    • Alternative costume selection doesn't work correctly in BattleMode

The full rundown of the huge 1st Birthday update can be read over on the last KickStarter update.

Keep on drifting!
    Papa Seagull
    Last edited by Masterchafe; 10-09-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Awesome! I haven't had a chance to check in the actual battle mode just yet, but is the 4 player already implemented, or coming at a later update? I totally understand with the lack of power in the Ouya for getting multiple players in the GP mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadious View Post
    Awesome! I haven't had a chance to check in the actual battle mode just yet, but is the 4 player already implemented, or coming at a later update? I totally understand with the lack of power in the Ouya for getting multiple players in the GP mode.
    2/3/4 player is in Battle Mode right now, but only in Battle Mode. I'm hoping to get local multiplayer GP races in by the end of the year, but it could be early next year. Cheers!

Oh man this is grand!! cheers
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have

Quote Originally Posted by Masterchafe View Post
    2/3/4 player is in Battle Mode right now, but only in Battle Mode. I'm hoping to get local multiplayer GP races in by the end of the year, but it could be early next year. Cheers!
    Sweet! I'm gonna have to break this out the next time the family is over. I can see that being something that they would LOVE to play. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Wanted to do videos weeks ago but my sound isn't working right. Looks like things keep progressing. That Teslagrad stage, not for those who have problems with red...holy hell. Should have a space stage (hint hint) with some funky space music. I even know where you can find that music too.

If you don't have the game yet. Why not? Go buy it.

Not buying till it has 4 player mode racing.... has it even got multiplayer racing mode???

Quote Originally Posted by Steven7 View Post
    Oh man this is grand!! cheers
    You're welcome Steven7!

Quote Originally Posted by WazMeister View Post
    Not buying till it has 4 player mode racing.... has it even got multiplayer racing mode???
    No it doesn't have multiplayer racing. It only has LOCAL multiplayer Battle Mode.

The KickStarter didn't have multiplayer racing as a promised feature, which naturally need to take priority over after thoughts, but it is something I want to add to it as the more people have requested it and the more I've thought of it the more I've wanted it too. It never crossed my mind to add it as a KickStarter promise as playing that way wasn't something I used to do back in the day with kart games, I only ever really played 1 player races or on odd occasions when I had someone to play a game with we'd get into Battle Mode. Even then it was only 2 player maximum on the SNES.

In conclusion, I think you're going about it the right way, if you don't want to play it any other way, just wait until a few months time when it has local multiplayer racing added. Or for the fullest experience wait for the game to come out of BETA Early Access when it will have a lot more content and modes to play and everything is more polished.

Cheers!

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterchafe View Post
    It never crossed my mind to add it as a KickStarter promise as playing that way wasn't something I used to do back in the day with kart games, I only ever really played 1 player races or on odd occasions when I had someone to play a game with we'd get into Battle Mode. Even then it was only 2 player maximum on the SNES.

Well, that might be your problem. It's not what you like, it's the consumer.