Close
Advertise Here

OUYA Classics thread idea

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Well actually, if it's okay with the Mods, I'd like to create an Ouya Classics thread here on this Current ouya Games & Apps forum.

I aim to produce high quality video reviews of Ouya games for my 45k subscribers. I produce them weekly (usually on Mondays or Tuesdays) and have 11 done so far. Games covered so far are:

Clarc
    Jack 'n Jill
    Bit Dungeon
    Deep Dungeons of Doom
    Cars & Guns
    Stolen Presents
    Bulletwaltz
    X.S.E.E.D
    Twin Tiger Shark
    Shadow Blade
    Giana Sisters [DS]

I've got plenty of games I want to cover myself, but I'm willing to also do Requests Friday where I review an Ouya game that I might not personally have any interest in making. Only caveat is that I won't review paid games that don't have demos unless it's a game I happen to have bought on my own.
    Mods, is this okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Mods, is this okay?
    That is what the "OUYA COMMUNITY CONTENT" section is for. Videos can be posted in there. Or if they are truly going to be reviews, you can start the thread in the "OUYAFORUM STAFF & MEMBER GAME REVIEWS" section. That section requires approval by a mod before a thread goes live.
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...t-This-Section

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM one of the mods or admins before derailing a thread. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mmartino View Post
    That is what the "OUYA COMMUNITY CONTENT" section is for. Videos can be posted in there. Or if they are truly going to be reviews, you can start the thread in the "OUYAFORUM STAFF & MEMBER GAME REVIEWS" section. That section requires approval by a mod before a thread goes live.
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...t-This-Section

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM one of the mods or admins before derailing a thread. Thank you.

Yes I saw that. But that section has the fewest threads, posts or views of any subsection of this forum. If I posted there, nobody would see the Ouya Classics thread. By contrast, this subsection booming with activity and it always will be as long as ouya has new games coming out for it.

I'm asking for mod permission to post an Ouya Classics thread on this subsection. I'm not asking for a sticky, just a normal consolidated thread where I can consolidate my weekly video reviews. I feel denying my request
    here would be a determent to the Ouya forum as a whole. My videos are focused on not just the popular Ouya games, but ones that get lost in the shuffle.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    I think the idea is a good one, and more content is always a good thing, but permision denied in the Current Games section. A few points:
    1) We like to keep that section clean with purely game threads and their discussions.
    2) This section is brand new, which is why it doesn't have a ton of content yet. You can help change that! Single-handedly perhaps.
    3) If you make a video about a particular game you can always post it in the game thread and bump it up to the top. We have a few reviewers and video creators who do this and it helps the games greatly, especially the ones most would normally overlook.
    4) We have a massive amount of guests who are here and our ratio of online members-to-lurkers is severely lopsided. So just because it looks dead, doesn't mean it's not getting viewed to death. Just look at Starfighter's and Killswitch's content threads. Much love there.
    5) You can always shout in the chatbox to let people know you've made a new video. Our regulars and Staff check everything!

I've moved the off-topic posts out of that game thread and put them here to keep everything organized. Let us know if you need anything else!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 02-21-2015 at 12:02 PM.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

The community content section is fairly new, which is part of why it doesn't see a lot of action right now. It was created so that threads about OUYA videos and fanzines could stay up top a little longer than they would in General, which is where they went before. As with any other section, it's going to get more or fewer views depending on how frequently it gets interesting new content. The "Upcoming" and "Current" sections have also had a turn as our slow sections in the past when major new game announcements were at a lull. People will come depending on whether they've got a good reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."