Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen_Widget View Post
    mojo right now goes for $150 on amazon.

A tronsmart with the octo-core allwinner 80 which is in the same league as a k1 also goes for $150.

Think about that.
    This is a fair point.
    "When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead!"- Barney Stinson

Quote Originally Posted by RichRuns View Post
    is this THE Satoshi Matrix? Love your Attack of the Famiclone videos !!

I like your reviews, you should buy one just so I can watch your review, then return it.
    Haha, I get that a lot. I guess I'm internet famous all of a sudden!

I had pretty much figured the N64 emulation wouldn't be much better, but I thought I'd ask. I'll bet the PSP emulator works better though. The Ouya is almost able to run most games at full speed. Almost. it if just had a bit extra umph it would be able to do it. That's where the Mojo will probably come in. Also I was more asking about DC as a footnote, not expecting it when PS1 and N64 are still in shambles. Not a problem either, as I own an actual DC so there is no need to emulate it.

By the way, did you watch my updated look at the Ouya series I've been posting for the past week? It ended with my personal top 10 Ouya games.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Great, please do. These are the current Ouya games that I'm most interested to play on a Mojo. Please let me know which ones are playable and which aren't.

Abbaye des Morts
    Antichromatic
    Babylonian Twins
    Back to Bed
    Boost 2
    Bullet Waltz
    Clarc
    Cube And Creature
    Donkey-Me
    DoomGLES
    Elliot Quest
    FilePwn
    Final Fantasy III
    Freedom Fall
    ittle Dew
    Kosmik Revenge
    Magnetic By Nature
    Maldita Castilla
    MouseCraft
    Neon Shadow
    Nub
    Pier Solar
    Polarity
    Rush Bros.
    Shadow Blade
    Sine Mora
    Skyriders
    Super Puzzle Platformer
    Ulrionus
    VVVVVV
    Wizorb

those are the ones that I care about.
    I'll check on these today and reply here with what is available.
    Last edited by chicgamer; 02-07-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Haha, I get that a lot. I guess I'm internet famous all of a sudden!

I had pretty much figured the N64 emulation wouldn't be much better, but I thought I'd ask. I'll bet the PSP emulator works better though. The Ouya is almost able to run most games at full speed. Almost. it if just had a bit extra umph it would be able to do it. That's where the Mojo will probably come in. Also I was more asking about DC as a footnote, not expecting it when PS1 and N64 are still in shambles. Not a problem either, as I own an actual DC so there is no need to emulate it.

By the way, did you watch my updated look at the Ouya series I've been posting for the past week? It ended with my personal top 10 Ouya games.
    I did, great videos, all well put together. Opened my eyes to a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    If they use the ODK then it should work on MOJO but there are multitudes of reasons and since a lot just don't want to, I'm going to guess they won't do it for China either and the number won't move too much.
    This depends on OUYA INC

If the "10 MLN gift" will be used to subsidize developers (example: "Hey DEV, if you make your game compatible with Ouya Everywhere, I'll give you 2000 dollars") the OE thing will improve.
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

I wouldn't pay people to make their games OE ready. If they don't want to then it's their loss, if it's laziness then why reward them, if they don't know how then that's not going to change anything. Plus they would be making money from sales. OE is what's going to have them ready for China and the rest of the world too.

3 members found this post helpful.
    Great, please do. These are the current Ouya games that I'm most interested to play on a Mojo. Please let me know which ones are playable and which aren't.

Abbaye des Morts - yes
    Antichromatic - no
    Babylonian Twins - no
    Back to Bed - no
    Boost 2 - yes
    Bullet Waltz - yes
    Clarc - yes
    Cube And Creature - no
    Donkey-Me - yes
    DoomGLES - no
    Elliot Quest - yes
    FilePwn - no
    Final Fantasy III - yes
    Freedom Fall - yes
    ittle Dew - no
    Kosmik Revenge - yes
    Magnetic By Nature - yes
    Maldita Castilla - yes
    MouseCraft - yes
    Neon Shadow - no
    Nub - no
    Pier Solar - yes
    Polarity - no
    Rush Bros. - no
    Shadow Blade - no
    Sine Mora - no
    Skyriders - yes
    Super Puzzle Platformer - no
    Ultionus - yes
    VVVVVV - yes
    Wizorb - yes

And even though you didn't ask, my game, The Adventures of Chris, works on MOJO. If you like retro platformers like Ultionus and Maldita Castilla it might be worth a shot
    Check out my game! https://www.ouya.tv/game/The-Adventures-of-Chris/
    (The Adventures of Chris was greenlit on Steam - big revamp on the way!)

You just saved me some work.

To answer some of the other questions that were in the original post:

That stock Android menu bar is still always present. It's annoying, but can be very useful in some apps. As for rooting to fix it, the MadCatz website gives step-by-step instructions on how to root the MOJO.

Performance-wise, I've seen improvements in a couple of games. Some see bigger improvements in performance than others. Really depends on the game.

Sideloading on MOJO is just as easy as on Ouya. With Google Play pre-installed, and Amazon Appstore easy to download, finding most well-known apps is not hard at all. Also, more traditional apps could work with it, as the MOJO controller's mouse mode emulates touchscreen controls as if you were using a mouse on a PC. It makes some apps much easier to use than they would be on Ouya.

Overheating has not been an issue so far for me, and I haven't read anything about it being an issue overall.

ittle Dew
    Kosmik Revenge
    Magnetic By Nature
    Maldita Castilla
    Master of the Seven Teas
    MouseCraft
    Neon Shadow
    Nub
    Pier Solar

Fixed the list for you ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRuns View Post
    Better off with a Shield.
    Aren't these still running at $300 or thereabouts?
    I'm still a fan of what the Shield is doing, but it's also more about portable gaming and less about the TV experience - unless I've missed something in an update?

Quote Originally Posted by anatomality View Post
    sounds kind off like a bad experience... hope OUYA errywhere turns into something awesome.
    ^This^
    The whole OUYA infrastructure, the ODK and what OE allows us Devs to do, are all fantastic things. The ODK with OE integration also takes away a LOT of the pains that come with controller support, not just buttons, but handling and re-assigning IDs etc.

Also, is the Stock Android bar on every OE game running on the MOJO?
    This sounds like something missing in the Android Manifest where you can request for this bar to be hidden and, with it not being a requirement on the OUYA, might be the issue here?