Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

OK guy, I bought it, played it for 20 mins.

It's surprisingly good to play.

Some things you can work to improve:

-the lack of soundtrack (hey, watch your Private Message about that)

-the HUB too simple for my taste.

-CPU cars aren't so strong, maybe add an "hard mode" for more fun

-the frame rate with marks drops too much to be playable

...however without drift marks (and WITH dynamic shadows on), the frame rate is 22-34fps. Seems a low number to tell, but during the game it's "good more than enough" to play well.

This is a GIANT step from your previous game.
    The "partially follow" view seems way better to me. I use it when playing.

So...
    Well done, bro.

EDIT:
    More suggestions:
    No "cups" or similar? Only Single Races?
    You should add some "Championship"

...plus, maybe, a "free mode" where the player can select the track (as it is now), plus the number of laps and the difficulty level (as I said before, it needs more stronger opponents)
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

1 members found this post helpful.
    (Thanks fabricio!)

Thanks Outlander, some good feedback.
    The most troubling part is performance but I am actually working on a new performance improvement for the next version.
    While the single player is playable, two players split screen is not so much.
    This performance boost will improve both the single player and split screen.
    Eventually I would like to have 4 players split screen...

I also have an idea how to improve the performance of the drift marks on OUYA, I put it on low priority right now since you can play the game without the drift marks as well.

Anyway, good feedback and I have this thread to look it up the next time I will think "what to do next" on the game.

Yes I bought this as well. I really like the way it plays and looks. Feels and looks good. The sound from the motors is not so good... I'm glad I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by PompiPompi View Post
    (Thanks fabricio!)

Thanks Outlander, some good feedback.
    The most troubling part is performance but I am actually working on a new performance improvement for the next version.
    While the single player is playable, two players split screen is not so much.
    This performance boost will improve both the single player and split screen.
    Eventually I would like to have 4 players split screen...

I also have an idea how to improve the performance of the drift marks on OUYA, I put it on low priority right now since you can play the game without the drift marks as well.

Anyway, good feedback and I have this thread to look it up the next time I will think "what to do next" on the game.
    I haven't the opportunity to try the multiplayer, so I can't say about it.
    However, if you can, continue to improve it, maybe with more options, more tracks, etc!

P.s.
    Other possible gameplay improvements:

- Sometimes, when the car hit borders and starts to bounce here and there, it's turning itself to the wrong side. You could add a button that instantly straighten the car.
    - You could add a small "turbo" (maybe only one or two turbos freely usable, for an entire race), that could make the races more varied. This oviously needs a more hard difficulty level with opponents fast and capable of use the turbo, to mantain interest during the races.

(Thanks anatomality!)

In the past the car didn't bounce so widely, I did this to punish the player hitting the fence because otherwise it would have been really easy. You could have finished the track even grinding on the fence.
    Maybe I should make the AI better instead of doing this kind of punishing collisions.

Edit: I want to increase the price after the next update, what do you suggest? 1.49$ or 1.99$? Should I keep it 99c?
    Next update is going to have performance boost and hopefully a more playable split screen.
    Maybe I will see how it peforms after the update to make sure it doesn't change after the update and only then increase it.
    Last edited by PompiPompi; 04-04-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Don't forget to change the sound of the engine

About the pice... YOU know XD

If people is buying your game, you could raise it only a little (1.5?)
    Because a too big raise could stop the purchases.

IF you AREN'T selling copies, it has no sense to raise the price. No one will change his mind with a more high price.

I'm not good with those things, but I think it's as I said

p.s.
    about the bounce...it isn't bad, you can leave it as is,
    I'd appreciate only a correction when the car starts to go on the wrong side. It's really confusing when it happens.
    And maybe a sign "WRONG SIDE" appearing

I will improve the sound of the engine, but not in the next update.
    The issue is that the car is mostly at the top speed and accelerates from 0 to top speed very fast.
    So this would require a different kind of engine sound to make it sound good.
    I need to look at other similar games to figure this because most racing games are mostly straight with mild turns and DR2 has a lot of sharp turns and very little straight parts.

For the next update I will improve the performance and add music.
    I like doing small increments, but also because I have a full time job so I can't add a lot every week.

But don't worry, I read everything you write and I have this thread as a reference when I want to get ideas what to do next.

Hi,

I've finally had the opportunity to buy and play the game. Well, it's a beta / WIP, so i will analyze / criticize / point areas that should be improved / bugs, with it on mind.

1) The UI (Menus, Huds, Alert Screens) should be redone to create an unified design with all the rest of the game. There is no instruction on how to play or quit game, either. I believe you have thought in improving those latter. The worst thing is when you "pause" the game, because the game itself isn't paused and a alert about quitting race appears.

2) I thought graphics really good given Ouya hardware power. Of course, you have put few objects around the track, but the track itself and the cars are the most important things in game, and they were carefully welldone ^^. Framerate is acceptable except with tiremarks on, but you've said you are optimizing performance. Can't wait to see that . Four players mode, you maybe should consider lower resolution for each viewport?

3) I've tested static and full follow camera modes. I must say that recovering from hit a fence on full follow camera mode is much easier than on static mode. The punishment should be consistent across any camera mode, so you should try another thing for that.

4) What's that ramp on second track is for? I believe it's there as a test for now, because i can't see any practical advantage on using that.

5) As outlander have pointed, we should have an indicator when we are on wrong way, and maybe a track map hud.

6) Since it's an arcade racer, you could add some more unreal movements, for the sake of speed / competitivity. First thing that came to my mind was Daytona's drift on curves, maybe it should fit perfectly on your game: https://youtu.be/RwIVa9tzi-I?t=1m46s .

7) Maybe you could add other different modifiers for tracks other than the ramps... well, it depends on your game design decision.

Hope my feedback helps you improve your game. Will check on updates and try to help everytime i can.

Cheers,
    Fabrício.

Quote Originally Posted by frpnit View Post
    Hi,

I've finally had the opportunity to buy and play the game. Well, it's a beta / WIP, so i will analyze / criticize / point areas that should be improved / bugs, with it on mind.

1) The UI (Menus, Huds, Alert Screens) should be redone to create an unified design with all the rest of the game. There is no instruction on how to play or quit game, either. I believe you have thought in improving those latter. The worst thing is when you "pause" the game, because the game itself isn't paused and a alert about quitting race appears.

2) I thought graphics really good given Ouya hardware power. Of course, you have put few objects around the track, but the track itself and the cars are the most important things in game, and they were carefully welldone ^^. Framerate is acceptable except with tiremarks on, but you've said you are optimizing performance. Can't wait to see that . Four players mode, you maybe should consider lower resolution for each viewport?

3) I've tested static and full follow camera modes. I must say that recovering from hit a fence on full follow camera mode is much easier than on static mode. The punishment should be consistent across any camera mode, so you should try another thing for that.

4) What's that ramp on second track is for? I believe it's there as a test for now, because i can't see any practical advantage on using that.

5) As outlander have pointed, we should have an indicator when we are on wrong way, and maybe a track map hud.

6) Since it's an arcade racer, you could add some more unreal movements, for the sake of speed / competitivity. First thing that came to my mind was Daytona's drift on curves, maybe it should fit perfectly on your game: https://youtu.be/RwIVa9tzi-I?t=1m46s .

7) Maybe you could add other different modifiers for tracks other than the ramps... well, it depends on your game design decision.

Hope my feedback helps you improve your game. Will check on updates and try to help everytime i can.

Cheers,
    Fabrício.
    We are giving him so many suggestions, that he could rename it Diesel Racer 3
    Just joking.
    The game has potential, so it's only good if me, you and someone other shows the points where he could work to improve it.