Close
Advertise Here

1 members found this post helpful.

Google Play Store - newest FW 2015 working fix

Finally after a lot of messing around, I can present a working fix for Google Play store on the OUYA (with latest firmware as of 08/01/2015)

Fist off you will need Xposed framewrok installer V2.5.1 (newer will not work)

http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer

(click on show older versions and scroll to V2.5.1)

Install the Xposed framework and reboot the OUYA

Then go and get this:

Mod collection for OUYA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2359390

Install and start the mod, then Reboot the OUYA

Once rebooted, use the "install Google play" option - download and do the initial Google Play installation, then reboot the OUYA.

But you're not done YET!

Grab my .APK pack (also includes correct version of Xposed framework and ES File Explorer)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/t1llp3

Instructions
    ========

Extract the RAR with the .APK files to a USB stick

Install ES File Explorer and go to the directory with the .APK files

Within ES File Explorer, Go Into 'Tools' >'Root Explorer' >'Mount R/W' And Set Both To 'RW'.

Copy These Files To 'system/app' Folder:
    Account And Sync Settings-2.3.4.apk
    Google Services Framework-4.0.4-338691.apk
    Google Login Service-4.0.3-239410.apk

And install the following .APK - when prompted replace it
    google-play-services-6.5.99-1642632-034.apk

Reboot the OUYA

Now Copy The Vending.apk To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It

Reboot the OUYA

Now to update Google Play Store, run the googlePlayStore_v5.1.11.apk You Downloaded, Tap To Install And Replace It.

Reboot the OUYA

Now Run Play store and Login and Accept the Terms - it should be fully working including downloads and updates!

==================

Thanks to @RCamacho50 on XDA for his Kindle Fire HD tutorial that I adapted for OUYA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2365224

Thanks to respective creators of OUYA Mod collection and Xposed Framework

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Why are the extra files needed from your pack? Last time I checked the GP store worked fine with the files in the ps4ouya.zip archive. But as the OP said, you have to stick with version 2.5.1 of the xposed framework.

My fix is specifically for people who have been getting the " RPC:S-7:AEC-7" error when trying to download or update apps...
    (seems to be happening a lot recently to people with 'Droid devices, not just OUYA)

Error explained HERE:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...aec-7-t2899230

Clearing cache / data and or removing / adding your Google Play account does not solve the error on the OUYA.

Doing the above fix has solved it entirely for me.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Interesting, I'll have to see if my console gets that issue, as of now it seems to work just fine with the ps4ouya version of the files. Cheers for the info.
    Last edited by Eldon.McGuinness; 01-09-2015 at 03:51 AM.

Great tutorial... we still have people here who love softmod!

Sent from my MP720 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    Interesting, I'll have to see if my console gets that issue, as of now it seems to work just fine with the ps4ouya version of the files. Cheers for the info.
    Eldon I've used your reroot script with you apks and everything is working fine for me!!

BTW Thanks for finding another solution to fix the GP Store!

Hi, I guess you should try updating the google services framework

I found this link helpful which tells us the complete guide and process on How to Update google play services Framework
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:04 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by rapbot View Post
    I found this link helpful which tells us the complete guide and process on How to Update google play services Framework
    Why did you find it necessary to post in a thread where the solution was solved 2 years ago? All this had to do with was the fact that the last ouya firmware update took away root access temporarily, and ouya mods that typically installed google play store and framework services all of a sudden were essentially rendered useless, cause even though it installed the google play store and framework services it relied on root access since ouya did not have those out of the box. It needed a custom framework in the form of xposed to do so. Once you had root access back, and xposed framework up and going you were good to go, and google play functions resumed functioning properly.