Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steven W. Hunt View Post
    Yeah me too. I'd really much rather "buy" the stream to a game I want for 'life' than rent in increments. But I'm finally gonna be able to play Pac-Man on my OUYA in a way, if this works, so wooooo!
    Is that how it works anywhere else though? I mean server costs aren't one-time so it makes sense that 'renting streams' not one time either. A one time price is simply not sustainable, business-wise.
    Last edited by Kaimega; 12-19-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimega View Post
    Is that how it works anywhere else though? I mean server costs aren't one-time so it makes sense that 'renting streams' not one time either. A one time price is simply not sustainable, business-wise.
    I 'unno, I just liked it how it was before, where you could download the shell for a specific game and pay (what was it $12? $15?) and then it was like owning a copy of the game.
    http://www.ccshgames.com - Updated 1/10/2016
    PC & Mac games - Updated more frequently
    OUYA games I've had a hand in: Slashers: The Power Battle (voice actor), Battle High 2 (casting/marketing director, voice actor), Astra Etherium (voice actor)
    OUYA games published: Shady's Poopong: 22nd Anniversary Edition, Chomperman

Packful of Fun is not working for me. Says that I need to hav my console wired yet I always hav it wired. Says I need to b running a minimum of 5mbps and I run xbmc vids all day with no issue so I know that's not the problem either.

I really wanna try this out
    Hopefully a rep will read this and help me out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Twitter~ @derty10
    YouTube~ .:derty's pro shop:.
    WiiU~ Ask for add

.:OUYA Games I Own:.

Zombie Driver HD
    Reagan Gorbachev
    Meganoid 2
    Back To Bed
    Pier Solar
    Fist Puncher
    Towerfall
    So Many Me
    Big Action Mega Fight!
    Duck Game
    Final Fantasy III
    Raiden Legacy
    Pocket RPG
    CLARC
    Groundskeeper 2
    Polarity
    Ice Rage
    Knightmare Tower
    Meltdown
    Heroes of Loot
    BombSquad
    Sine Mora
    Neon Shadow
    Pizza Boy
    FIST OF AWESOME
    MINIGORE2
    GunSlugs

A'ight sat down with it tonight. A few minor things.

Appwide
    • Sometimes there will be an occasional, massive audio visual glitch. It only lasts like a second each time, but it's big and it's noticeable. This even happened on the Playcast menu
    • To get to any Start menu, you have to double-tap the Ⓤ button... which brings up the OUYA "Do you want to rate/quit" menu first, then you're allowed to go to the Start Menu (which is normally a pause screen or a series of menus with maps, inventories, etc)

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst
    • In order to do some things in the game, such as return to the main menu from the pause screen (very useful for switching modes, like from the main story to versus mode or whathaveyou), you have to press the BACK button... which is not the button that goes back (A), which just exits the menu, but as far as I can tell the BACK button from an Xbox 360 controller... which doesn't seem to have a corresponding button on the OUYA controller. I tried every button and I checked the controller layout pre-game and it doesn't seem to have one at all.
    • Xbox 360 button prompts still show up when in-battle against multiple enemies. I kept messing up and trying to figure out why nothing happened when I pressed "A" but then I realized "Wait... that A is green?". Then it told me to press B and I knew something was wrong.

Overall I am enjoying this, however. I clocked in over 2 hours on Naruto and I can't believe I'm finally legitimately able to play a legal version of Pac-Man on the device!
    Last edited by Steven W. Hunt; 12-20-2014 at 07:19 AM.
    http://www.ccshgames.com - Updated 1/10/2016
    PC & Mac games - Updated more frequently
    OUYA games I've had a hand in: Slashers: The Power Battle (voice actor), Battle High 2 (casting/marketing director, voice actor), Astra Etherium (voice actor)
    OUYA games published: Shady's Poopong: 22nd Anniversary Edition, Chomperman

1 members found this post helpful.
    Hi,

Start and Back buttons on OUYA controller in Playcast Service are mapped as follows:
    Start - Single Tap
    Back - Double Tap

Works best if you gently tap on the center of the touchpad.

also note that mid session - Pressing the R1/R2/L1/L2 Buttons at any time will trigger the Service Menu in which pressing Tutorial options should refer to above instructions as well.

OUYAForum Regular Negative Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mekadur View Post
    Start and Back buttons on OUYA controller in Playcast Service are mapped as follows:
    Start - Single Tap
    Back - Double Tap
    Yep, and that is the single worst thing about the Playcast experience. There has just got to be a better way to do start/select than with the touchpad. Maybe tap the OUYA button once for start and hold it for select. Or something. Anything.

Other than that, I have had a very positive experience with Playcast. I have a 10Mbps connection (though Playcast reads it at 8Mbps) ethernet connected and things run very smoothly. There is the tiniest bit of lag and I had some pixelation going on last night, but I blame my connection more than the streaming service.

Some feedback
    Grid - works great on default settings
    MotoGP 13 - oversteered like crazy, but that may be due to the sim nature of the game. no sensitivity settings as far as I can tell
    Overlord 2 - had to turn the sensitivity way down to prevent "oversteering"
    Red Faction: Guerilla - had to turn the sensitivity all the way down
    Ridge Racer Unbounded - works great on default settings

I thought that the racing games would suffer the most due to lag, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good the controls felt for both Grid and Ridge Racer. On the other hand, I had to reset the sensitivity and y-inversion each time I played Overlord 2. Why doesn't that save along with progress?

In comparison to Onlive, Playcast looks better and controls better. Playcast's library needs to grow, however (Darksiders 2 please!), and I'll be interested to see if this is their endgame or just the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
    Juxtaposition is the human condition.

Playcast responded to my ticket regarding the "not available" message. If latency reaches a certain threshold, you are unable to play. That makes sense. They did say that the next update is changing that mechanism and I should be able to get a connection. I hope that comes soon.

Still teetering on the fence. I've been really happy with the performance on all the demo games... but I have little to no interest in the current offerings. If I subscribe it'll be completely on the basis of hope for a more full catalog down the line... the question is, is that hope worth $8 a month?

$8 a month sounds like a steal to me, i want this so bad but my internet is trash

Is this service available in the UK, keep getting not in your area message like some of the other guys?