Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Working a big change at the moment for MCP (the library I created that handles hosting of the webpages etc)

The complaints I have gotten even right from the start is that typing in the IP address is a pain, well that is about to change!

In the next demo the address displayed for users to connect to will be "mcp.rocks" rather than an IP address (It will revert back to IP address if you have no internet). This will return back a list of MCP games running on your network (normally will only be one) and you click on it to connect to the game. Hopefully this will make the process of joining a game much easier for people. You will also be able to bookmark or create a shortcut to that page as well.

I have this POC'd out and it working fine, just need to do little bit of work on maintenance of the list of games. I'm also waiting on DNS to start resolving mcp.rocks as my server!
    Last edited by Brian Lough; 01-08-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lough View Post
    [*]Maybe introducing optional gameification elements such as points for being the fastest submitter of cards etc[/LIST]
    I would keep the game as simple as possible, that's why CaH is so much fun.

Take a look at Cardcast, they already seem to nail this concept. Sadly I can't make it work on Ouya with Cheapcast, so I'll be waiting with joy for your game!

Hey knaart,

We are still working on the game at the moment, I think its coming along quite well.

We are focusing on the user experience, making it easier to set up a game, making it clearer how to play etc

Here are some of the latest screen shots

The biggest improvement is what I mentioned in the earlier post, typing "mcp.rocks" into your browser rather than the IP address. While this works it still needs more attention as the mcp.rocks webpage is as basic as it can be. There is also an issue where some older Android phones dont reconise "mcp.rocks" as a valid URL, so it does a google search instead. The top result is a website I was using for testing!

I'm hoping to have our first release at the end of the month.

I would be happy to provide an APK if you would like to try it out some time?

EDIT: I probably should have taken a screen shot of a nice card selection
    Last edited by Brian Lough; 02-14-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Banned
    I'll check it out if you send it to me boss. I love CAH

The improvement seems great, I surely will try it. Is it possible to use a windows pc as a client, since it's using the browser? I only have 2 android devices here atm :-)

Also, the best feature would be the abilty to building custom decks. It's more fun in my native language.

Will do up a demo and put it up tomorrow.

@Knaart: Any device with a web browser can be used as a client. So laptops, androids, iphones, ipod touches anything!

Yup custom card packs is on our todo list! Wont make this release but its high up there!

Here is a demo version, let me know if you have any problems with it.

Banned
    Worked great for me. Connected 2 laptops and 2 phones.

Quote Originally Posted by timmytot666 View Post
    Worked great for me. Connected 2 laptops and 2 phones.
    Great to hear! We aren't too far away from a version 1 release with this build I'd say.
    Still lots of features to work on, but it would be good to get a version out there for people to test and provide feedback on.

mcp.rocks worked ok for you?

Banned
    Yeah worked with a windows 7, 8, and Android 4.4 and 2.3.4