Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Morals Are Optional (Cards Against Humanity Clone)

Hi Guys,

I've been thinking about doing this one for a while but me and few buddies have finally got around to making a start to it!

As the title suggests this will be a clone of Cards Against Humanity, which is a really fun card game that you play with a group of people.

This version is local multiplayer game (at least 3 players needed), where each player uses their phone/tablet/laptop to play the game. As it uses the web browser as opposed to any apps it should work on pretty much any device. All players must be connected to the same WiFi network.

I've created an imgur album that goes through the flow of the game with screen shots

This game, like the actual card game, would have some eh risque content so I wouldn't go playing it with Grandma

There is a demo available here (download the android version)

Demo Link

Known Issues:
    Double black cards have been removed for the moment.

If you run into any issues it might be worth trying to refresh the page. We've fixed some issues with this but there could be more.

This version uses all the cards from the US version of the CAH (cards are CC so are available to use)

I would love to get some feedback on it so we know what to focus on with it next.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Last edited by Brian Lough; 02-15-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar
    Sir, I will have you know that my Grandmother is awesome, would totally play this game and can drink more scotch than you.

This looks intriguing. I've never played the original CAH, though it has been recommended to me multiple times. Question; would it be possible to use our phones/tablets as controllers via Bluetooth like You Don't Know Jack?
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 11-26-2014 at 06:26 AM.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    Sir, I will have you know that my Grandmother is awesome, would totally play this game and can drink more scotch than you.

This looks intriguing. I've never played the original CAH, though it has been recommended to me multiple times. Question; would it be possible to use our phones/tablets as controllers via Bluetooth like You Don't Know Jack?
    You can't use anything but a phone or tablet (or any device with a browser) players need to have their is own screen so they only they can see their own cards

It uses WiFi rather than Bluetooth, and instead of an app you use the devices browser.

I made the decision to try using the devices web browser rather than apps. I thought this was more interesting as at the time I started I had never seen it done before.

Funnily enough I recently played fibbage (by the same guys as ydkj) and it works similar to this.

Your granny sound petty bad ass

Playing this is really pretty similar to playing the card game, I'm really happy how it's coming along

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lough View Post
    I'm really happy how it's coming along
    Good to hear!

Think it would be possible to add a Create Your Own Card feature? That would rock! Also, if you need testers, there are many on this forum adept at that. Just ask and we'll help out.
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Cheers man! If anyone has a couple of buddies around I would love if they could give it a test, the APK in the demo link the OP works on the Ouya

Yeah its a tough one to test ok as to play it right it requires at least 3 people.

It is possible to test on your own with multiple devices or there is a way to test it using one laptop but I think its relatively stable so more what is required now is improving the usability and experience for players so getting people to play it without me there to explain anything would be great feedback.

Yup that is certainly on the backlog of stuff I want to do here is some stuff on the todo list:

• Improve Android version (more to do with phones and tablets than the Ouya, the game stops running if you minimise it for example so you cant play on the host device at the moment)
    • Improve web client (give user a score board etc, allow player to leave!)
    • Allow the two blank black cards
    • Add additional card packs (including allowing for custom card packs)
    • Chromecast Support (Chromecast becomes table)
    • Maybe introducing optional gameification elements such as points for being the fastest submitter of cards etc

If people had preferences to what they wanted from that list we would definitely prioritize them!

I've got two Android phones, a tablet and a laptop, so I'll give it a whirl when I get the time.

I just loaded it up and played around on it by myself with a few devices. I'm looking forward to how this develops.

Looks like it would be a fun game with a group...which some of us don't have.............
    Keep up the good work

Seems interesting, I might play this with the folks at my college!

Hey Guys,

I have released a new demo for this, I have updated the link in the OP.

it now includes all cards from the CAH and expansions 1-5 (except multiple answer cards)

I have created a page with some info on it on the github page

Any questions or issues just let me know!

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Lough; 01-04-2015 at 10:33 AM.