Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophretard View Post
    Hmm... Good points. If I talk the other kids into it then it would have to be at our discretion based on things like,"Is this updated info of high enough importance to other members to justify being bumped?", "Is the member just trying to bump their own thread and/or trying to put a topic into everyone else's faces that no one is interested in presently?" and things of that nature. Also, they would still have to be merged but with the new time stamp to keep them bumped up because members already get confused about when they can double post and wouldn't realize it was an exception to the rule like the one week Unofficial Support double post exception or the devs updating their game threads exception. It would also help but not necessarily required if we were sent a reported post about your post to ask to have the newer time stamp with the reasons for it. For an example, Victor Coleiro could do a reported post on the linked post with something like,"Please merge with the new time stamp because it is about a sale that is happening right now and if buried it wouldn't be found until over." Sound fair?
    Imo this sounds fair but I would add the original date in the old post (some note like originally posted by user on dd/mm/yyyy) before the line usually put in merged posts.
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?12041-The-list-of-offline-working-games

Schiz. I was in the middle of a post.

To keep it short.
    Trial period. If there is NEW and RELEVANT info, it will keep the new timestamp. But if it becomes a cluttered mess then we have to go back to the way it was. A lot of people are just bumping to bump up their own personal thing which is what needs to be prevented but someone may be posting a contest, sale or something and no one else has posted. Let's see what happens.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffry84 View Post
    Imo this sounds fair but I would add the original date in the old post (some note like originally posted by user on dd/mm/yyyy) before the line usually put in merged posts.
    I think that usually the old date doesn't matter because many times the date isn't important especially if there is a link to the old news showing it is obsolete. For an example, if I were to merge his post under these criteria with the new time stamp it would look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Coleiro View Post
    Amazon finally launched a Fire TV Gamers bundle which includes the controller for $124 with free US shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Gamers-...ywords=fire+tv

Just a note that Anmazon are currently selling the Fire TV (don't know for how long) cheaply

Fire TV for $69.99 with free shipping -> http://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-stream...ywords=fire+tv

Nyko Controller which is compatible with the Fire TV for $16.99 with free delivery, combine this with the Fire TV for a $87 Gamer bundle -> http://www.amazon.com/Playpad-Androi...&keywords=nyko
    If you click on the old post you can still see that the $124 is still on sale and if you didn't then you would know it is old news without needing to know the exact date.

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Schiz. I was in the middle of a post.
    Well, I got there first.

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    To keep it short.
    Trial period. If there is NEW and RELEVANT info, it will keep the new timestamp. But if it becomes a cluttered mess then we have to go back to the way it was. A lot of people are just bumping to bump up their own personal thing which is what needs to be prevented but someone may be posting a contest, sale or something and no one else has posted. Let's see what happens.
    That is basically what I was suggesting so your,"To keep it short." version works.
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 12-02-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Well unless we want to just have a dedicated Amazon TV sale thread, then the user could also just start a new thread about the sale and the issue would be resolved wouldn't it?

Folks, you're talking more about double threads, rather than double posts.

And, whilst there is a rule about avoiding resurrecting old threads, I don't see any need to create an entirely new thread because of the view that it has "gone cold". Take an upcoming game as an example. The Dev might not have put any new information in there and so, those following or subscribed to the thread wont post in there until something new comes in.
    You add something new to the existing thread, all the original followers/subscribers will get a notification, you've kept things clean and not getting multiple search results just because of this "newer" idea.

If it's a completely different thing, then yes, new thread.
    But if it's an update then nope, I'm -1 to this.

My double posts.

I too have had posts months apart merged. +1 victor.

The results are quite ridiculous.

"This kills me. I want to use ouya for XBMC, but unplugging the keyboard constantly is a pain.

UPDATE: Any news on new content? I love this game."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 members found this post helpful.
    Over on my website, there's a 10 minute "merge" rule.. If someone's being stupid enough to post that quickly, they deserve to have their posts merged.
    Anything beyond that limit, it makes sense that, occasionally, someone might want to add new information to a thread. This is what "true" double-posts are for.. They're to keep the thread alive, if important new things occur.

My first "Merged Posts" happened earlier today, when I posted today's Alpha Collexion game, which got merged with my previous post which had been made about 12 hours earlier.
    .. That's a bit "too" large of a timescape, methinks!!
    If your merging is indeed time-dependent, I'd probably make it a bit shorter!

But otherwise I see no issues with doing it. Keeps threads neater, and isn't really a problem, as long as it doesn't occasionally mess up posts along the way!
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.