Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My double posts.

I'm sorry about them, I am very rarely in front if a computer. I'll try to make an effort to edit my posts with Tapatalk in the future. Thanks staff for being so tolerant of my ADD posts all over the place.

See ya

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Moved this thread to the correction section of the forum so there's that... Anyways, if you double-post from now on then please delete it. If you double-post and for some reason can't delete it then report your own post and fill out why you're reporting it in the following page. That way we can be on top of it in a heartbeat.

Ahhhh the rules, without them we are just 4chan. Sorry again people !

No worries, dude. Just try to keep it to less than a minimum.
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559

OUYAForum Devotee Victor Coleiro's Avatar

Guys, can we use some discretion when addressing double posts. At least 3 times I have made a post talking about something new in a thread that was months old. In these occasions , I noticed I was the last one who posted previously. Now instead of updating the last - months old post, I made a separate post in the thread. Obviously there is good reason for this. However, on each occasion my post has been merged with the much older post, with a note saying not to double post .

Point in question - > http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post156764

Can I suggest in these circumstances, that posts are not merged. Also, when posts are merged for whatever reason , can we make sure they are time stamped with the current date so that the thread & post show up as the most recent updated

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Coleiro View Post
    Guys, can we use some discretion when addressing double posts. At least 3 times I have made a post talking about something new in a thread that was months old. In these occasions , I noticed I was the last one who posted previously. Now instead of updating the last - months old post, I made a separate post in the thread. Obviously there is good reason for this. However, on each occasion my post has been merged with the much older post, with a note saying not to double post .

Point in question - > http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post156764

Can I suggest in these circumstances, that posts are not merged. Also, when posts are merged for whatever reason , can we make sure they are time stamped with the current date so that the thread & post show up as the most recent updated
    But one of the points of not double posting is so that you can't bump yourself.

OUYAForum Devotee Victor Coleiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophretard View Post
    But one of the points of not double posting is so that you can't bump yourself.
    Clearly its not a matter of bumping, its a matter of new information being made visible and not hidden behind the old posts time stamp. Why would anyone update an old post with new info when that leads to the thread/post not showing up as recently updated (and remains buried). Clearly, this is a great example of when discretion should be used.

I'm inclined to agree with Victor on this. If the time between posts is significant, then the thread has gone cold. If the same person posts with new info at that point, no one will ever have a reason to revisit the thread. The obvious alternative is to start a new thread with the same subject matter but i don't think anyone wants that. Those would be very specific circumstances though, a dormant thread updated with new information by the same person who was last to post before it went cold. Very easy to identify.
    Nostalgia 2.5.9 is published in Discover

~
    +1 Victor Coleiro

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Coleiro View Post
    Clearly its not a matter of bumping, its a matter of new information being made visible and not hidden behind the old posts time stamp. Why would anyone update an old post with new info when that leads to the thread/post not showing up as recently updated (and remains buried). Clearly, this is a great example of when discretion should be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by dra6onfire View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with Victor on this. If the time between posts is significant, then the thread has gone cold. If the same person posts with new info at that point, no one will ever have a reason to revisit the thread. The obvious alternative is to start a new thread with the same subject matter but i don't think anyone wants that. Those would be very specific circumstances though, a dormant thread updated with new information by the same person who was last to post before it went cold. Very easy to identify.
    Hmm... Good points. If I talk the other kids into it then it would have to be at our discretion based on things like,"Is this updated info of high enough importance to other members to justify being bumped?", "Is the member just trying to bump their own thread and/or trying to put a topic into everyone else's faces that no one is interested in presently?" and things of that nature. Also, they would still have to be merged but with the new time stamp to keep them bumped up because members already get confused about when they can double post and wouldn't realize it was an exception to the rule like the one week Unofficial Support double post exception or the devs updating their game threads exception. It would also help but not necessarily required if we were sent a reported post about your post to ask to have the newer time stamp with the reasons for it. For an example, Victor Coleiro could do a reported post on the linked post with something like,"Please merge with the new time stamp because it is about a sale that is happening right now and if buried it wouldn't be found until over." Sound fair?
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 12-02-2014 at 01:36 PM.