Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Been seeing that come up lately and don't understand why. Where else can you only buy part of a bundle and pay a percentage of the price? The whole point of a bundle is to buy the whole bundle. Might have helped out some people if they were available earlier I guess but it's still cheaper than buying all of them. There will be other bundles too.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Been seeing that come up lately and don't understand why. Where else can you only buy part of a bundle and pay a percentage of the price? The whole point of a bundle is to buy the whole bundle. Might have helped out some people if they were available earlier I guess but it's still cheaper than buying all of them. There will be other bundles too.
    I don't know. This is my first experience with bundles. I'm guessing no where but I see no issue with OUYA being the first to do it differently. I'm not talking about buying part and going against the purpose of them. I'm talking about already owning parts and completing it. For an example, if someone owned none of these games then they couldn't buy parts. It would be the whole thing for the discounted price or each separately for full price. But if someone owned one or some of the games then they could still use the bundle to complete it. Like all I need is R-Type and R-Type II. Why would I buy this bundle for $10 to buy games I already own again just to get those two games when I can get them for $6 at regular price? I would be spending 4 more dollars to buy games I already have again. It would make more sense if I could use the bundle to get both games for less than $6 since I already own the rest. It seems like even if there were 50 bundles that it would be rare for me to find one that would actually be a discount because they would have to include none of my games. It is only a discount and serves a purpose for those who own none of the games.

$6 is less than $10...
    What you're suggesting is basically have a bundle on sale and then the individual games on sale too.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar
    $6 is less than $10...
    Which is why I would gain no benefit from the bundle.

What you're suggesting is basically have a bundle on sale and then the individual games on sale too.
    No because there wouldn't be an option to own none of them and buy only one. It would be a complete set of either buying them all if you own none or completing it if you own some but you couldn't own none and not buy the whole thing. There would be nothing individual about it. Everyone that would buy the bundle would have all the games after. It would just be appealing to those who already own parts of bundles as well as those who own none of them. Here is what I mean:

1. Someone owns none of them. They can only buy all for $10.
    2. Someone owns some of them like me but wants to complete it. Instead of paying $10 or buying them for $6 at retail price I would pay something less than $6 but not the full $10 because that is more than the retail price of the two games I'm missing.
    3. Someone owns none of them. They can't just buy Another World at a discount by itself because of #1. In other words, no individual games like sales.

Maybe someday we will get it like the App Store did

DotEmu Classics – Shmup: $5.99 (instead of ~$9)
    - Raiden Legacy
    - R-Type
    - R-Type II

DotEmu Classics – Adventure: $5.99 (instead of ~$9)
    - Little Big Adventure
    - Another World

DotEmu Classics – Hits: $9.99 (instead of ~$20)
    - Double Dragon Trilogy
    - Another World
    - Raiden Legacy
    - R-Type
    - R-Type II
    - Little Big Adventure
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have

I have the All-Access pass, yet it still wants to charge me for this bundle. Sure, I can go into Contents and purchase each individually for $0.00 but it would be nice if bundles would be marked as $0.00 to save time, especially because the interface is sluggish and time-consuming.

Official OUYA Representative
    That is the intended functionality for bundles at the moment.