Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Interested in FullBlast?? a new SHMUP

UPDATE, a preview screenshot of the ouya new look and the trailer

Hi,

My name is Alex from Ufo Crash Games and I'm the main dev of FullBlast a SHMUP for mobiles. At this point we are considering a port to ouya, and we are interested in hearing if there's any interest in a ouya version of FullBlast.
    What we have actually on mobile is a 1 level free + pay to unlock the full game thing, which is not working on mobile at all, so we are looking at other platforms, and personally I like ouya

FullBlast is a classic SHMUP inspired on old games like terra cresta or r-type, so it's not a bullet hell game with super fast action, we wanted something more "easy to play", and we think the result is pretty good. Well, some screenshots and you have a video on our website here.

-12 levels
    -3 mega bosses
    -powerups
    -powerdowns (yes powerdown, watch out what you pick up)
    -heavy metal music

This game features random stuff for almost everything.

-Levels are all random pieces, so you will not see the same layout every time you play (let's say a house, now a road, now a river, etc)
    -Enemies are also randomly spawned, so except a few (1 per level), the rest of enemies will not come always from the same position, no more "this wave from the left, this from the top, etc"
    -Powerups are random as well, you will never know what powerups are waiting for you hehehe, except 2 weapon upgrades per level.

Also in future updates (not initially) we want to add a 2 players co-op mode, 2 players kicking asses together!!! LOL!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UfoCrashGames; 12-13-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar
    Hello,

I already placed you in the developer user-group (hence your blue username) & welcome you to OUYAForum. I want this game as you already know so I really don't need to say much. If you need anything then don't hesitate to contact one of OUYAForum Staff. I hope you have a wonderful time here at the number one unofficial fan forum for the OUYA console like so many other developers & users before you.

Sincerely,
    RiotingSpectre

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar
    I watched the video and I'm definitely interested. Welcome.

Played a little bit of the demo on Android and it's definitely something I would buy (at the right price) on OUYA. Interestingly, it's not something I'd buy on my phone... It's very polished, has a lovely art style and smooth gameplay.

If the controls go in smoothly I think you have a stand out game here for the OUYA.

Be interesting to see what you do regards aspect ratio and what price point you put the game at if you do decide to port (which I hope you do.)

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
    "Withhold no sacrifice, grudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe."

http://grimbarian.itch.io/silent-star-blast

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbarian View Post
    Played a little bit of the demo on Android and it's definitely something I would buy (at the right price) on OUYA. Interestingly, it's not something I'd buy on my phone... It's very polished, has a lovely art style and smooth gameplay.

If the controls go in smoothly I think you have a stand out game here for the OUYA.
    I have to ask, what's the price point you consider "fair"?, we've been thinking at 2.99$, we think that the game it's good enough for such price

Btw, I've edited the post, to reflect the 2players co-op mode that we want to implement in the game, probably not day 1, but eventually we really want a 2 players mode
    Last edited by UfoCrashGames; 11-04-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UfoCrashGames View Post
    I have to ask, what's the price point you consider "fair"?, we've been thinking at 2.99$, we think that the game it's good enough for such price
    That sounds spot on to me - the game shows on Android at £1.49 for me, so $2.99 sounds right on the money. At that price point it makes it an easy 'impulse' buy.
    "Withhold no sacrifice, grudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe."

http://grimbarian.itch.io/silent-star-blast

I havent played the demo yet, but I watched the video and I think 2.99$ would be VERY fair.
    Usually you can "get away with" higher prices here then on mobile platforms. Probably 4$ or 5$ would work too.

Please consider keeping the demo as most OUYA owners really like the free-to-try thing so I would suggest keeping the premium unlock.
    If set up properly people can buy the game outside of the game as well (on the game detail page on the console), so no worries there.
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbarian View Post
    That sounds spot on to me - the game shows on Android at £1.49 for me, so $2.99 sounds right on the money. At that price point it makes it an easy 'impulse' buy.
    Sadly on mobile we had to go "low", we wanted to sell at 2.99$, but we had to go down to 1.99$ and still the game is not selling at all, which is a shame but... welcome to the complicated world of selling games hehehehe.

As long as it'll support third party controllers (like PS3/360 controllers) I'm all for another shoot 'em up on my OUYA!
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhellik View Post
    I havent played the demo yet, but I watched the video and I think 2.99$ would be VERY fair.
    Usually you can "get away with" higher prices here then on mobile platforms. Probably 4$ or 5$ would work too.

Please consider keeping the demo as most OUYA owners really like the free-to-try thing so I would suggest keeping the premium unlock.
    If set up properly people can buy the game outside of the game as well (on the game detail page on the console), so no worries there.

Don't worry the "unlock" will be there, you have the first level for free to test the game, and after you beat the level you will see the popup to buy the game, if you like it you can unlock the full game with the purchase included, nothing else, no more IAPs selling bullshit, no ads, just a classic game