Close
Advertise Here
    OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.

BootyCall Testing - Eldon McGuinness

Latest Build 1.0.0

INTRO

If you know me, you know I love using XBMC as an alternative launcher and there are many people that would love to use another application as a default launcher as well! The biggest problem with replacing the OUYA launcher is getting an application that supports it, but that issue is no more. With BootyCall you can give your OUYA the ability to Boot and then Call what ever installed application you like.

What Does This Mean?
    This means you can start XBMC as your default launcher if you use the device as a mediabox. If you want to use your OUYA as a retro gaming console then you can start Nostalgia automatically. If you're at a game show and want your OUYA to start right into your application automatically, even if you exit the game, then this is the app for you.

How Is This Different From Autopilot/Boot?
    Autopilot and Boot only work on the initial boot of the OUYA, after that if you resume your OUYA from sleep or use the OUYA in-game menu to exit a game you will return to the OUYA Laucnher. BootyCall will return you to your application of choice during these situations as well.

Want To Test The App?
    If you would like to test out this application then please send me a PM. I am on track to release the application on the OUYA store (for $2.99) by Nov. 1, but it will likely be as soon as OUYA pushes their new update since the current one breaks the Exit option in the in-game menu.

I Found A Bug or Something is Broken!
    Great, head over to the [Issue Tracker] and tell me about it!

[IMAGES (Imgur Album)]
    Last edited by Eldon.McGuinness; 10-19-2014 at 04:24 AM.

Banned

Delay until the Controller Pairing screen is launched after boot. (in minutes)? : D

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timmytot666 View Post
    Delay until the Controller Pairing screen is launched after boot. (in minutes)? : D
    Indeed, I will add minutes to the text!