Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[RPG] Legena: Union Tides needs Testing!

Hey guys, I have been working long and hard to bring Legena to the OUYA and so far so good! But after a good chat, it has come to my attention that games made in Game Maker Studio have a tendency to...go wrong. (Crashes and controllers not responding)

So I ask for your help. Below is the first .APK with the intention for the OUYA

Download Here! (Sorry that you have to Side Load it...)

Could you test the game out and answer the following questions?

• Does the game run without crashes?
    • Does the game run with an OUYA controller?
    • Does the game run with a non-OUYA controller?
    • Any bugs?
    • Any lag?

Only by knowing these answers can I finally set in stone an OUYA port for my RPG. Thanks to anyone who can help and if the game works on your OUYA, feel free to hold onto the demo and play it all you like!

Cool game!!! Definitely on the buy list when it comes out. I played through the demo without a single bug. No lag at all. Tested with OUYA controller, xin-mo USB encoder, and some cheap NES usb controller, all worked great.

I did notice there were already a ton of weapons, armor, feathers, etc available in the inventory but didn't know if this was on purpose.
    burdbroscustomarcade.us

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!1!!!one!

I'll report back.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by ajb999 View Post
    Cool game!!! Definitely on the buy list when it comes out. I played through the demo without a single bug. No lag at all. Tested with OUYA controller, xin-mo USB encoder, and some cheap NES usb controller, all worked great.

I did notice there were already a ton of weapons, armor, feathers, etc available in the inventory but didn't know if this was on purpose.
    In that case definitely hold onto that demo. I made a bug and you now have access to all of the items. Have fun with them!

(Warning. If you access to all playable characters, do not use the 8th one who is blank. There is nothing there and will likely break the game. That 8th slot wasn't meant for seeing eyes as it is unfinished )

Also, I may now have to get myself a NES controller. Where did you get it? (I take it you need the encoder too?)

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!1!!!one!

I'll report back.
    Awesome please do!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Tetiro View Post
    Also, I may now have to get myself a NES controller. Where did you get it?
    No need for the encoder, we use that for our arcade controls. The controller is off of eBay I believe. I'll go back through my email and see if I can find the exact one. My brother ordered one that doesn't show up on the OUYA so not every brand will work.

I didn't realize I could switch characters. Now I know why more than just the 2 I was playing were getting level ups. Will have to play through the demo a few more times using different set ups. You left me hanging when it ended wanting more.☺

Any idea when you plan on releasing the full game?
    burdbroscustomarcade.us

Quote Originally Posted by ajb999 View Post
    Any idea when you plan on releasing the full game?
    Hopefully he'll be announcing the Kickstarter soon.

Forum post here: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Grandpa-Pixel
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 09-23-2014 at 06:45 PM.
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Thanks. �� Somehow I missed that thread.
    burdbroscustomarcade.us

Report 1:

OUYA controller does not work with a USB keyboard plugged in. Common problem with about 30% of OUYA games I'd say. Funny thing here is that I was able to play the game with the keyboard! That's a rare one.
    EDIT: If I unplug the keyboard while the game is up it crashes back to the Play Menu.
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 09-23-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    Report 1:

OUYA controller does not work with a USB keyboard plugged in. Common problem with about 30% of OUYA games I'd say. Funny thing here is that I was able to play the game with the keyboard! That's a rare one.
    EDIT: If I unplug the keyboard while the game is up it crashes back to the Play Menu.
    WAHAHA! Brilliant. I love it when it breaks like that. I have a good idea where the bug is. And I think the reason it crashed was because it no longer had a keyboard or a controller so it got confused. Who knew you could add USB keyboards to the OUYA? Awesome times!

But yes, I can fix this no problem at all

Report 2:

The demo is too short. Don't leave me hangin'! Gimme unlock code meow!
    Also, I am offended at the slight to Atesan the he is slow in his 30s. I am "in my 30s" and far from slow sir!

Aside from a couple typos and the keyboard thing, the game ran perfectly smooth. Can't wait for the Kickstarter and a chance to play it in it's entirety.
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 09-24-2014 at 06:14 AM.