Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OUYA Store is Up!

The OUYA Store is up and working. I just uploaded a couple of apps onto it. To get your app onto the store, you need to do the following:

1). Update the firmware for the OUYA (Go to Devs -> Build and log in (I think? It took me several tries to get my password right >.< and then I was browsing through the settings when the update settings randomly appeared, so I think there is a delay after you log in). The OUYA will restart and you will see the new store when you go to STORE in the menu

2). Go to devs.ouya.tv -> games -> Add A game

3). Fill in the Title. YOU CAN'T EDIT THIS at the moment, so make sure you get it right! Likewise you can't change the package name! I suggest copy and paste the package name from your code as if you get it slightly wrong, it won't upload properly.

4). Fill in all the other details, but don't upload yet. Also note, in tags, for now, if you click on the box, you should get some pre-defined categories. I suggest you pick just one of these (so you know where to find your game/app later on)

5). Create an icon for your game. It must be 732x412 and a .png

6). Rename the icon picture you just made and call it "ouya_icon.png"

7). Place the icon in the xhdpi folder of your android project

8). Go to your android manifest and find the launcher activity

9). add in the category intent filter tv.ouya.intent.category.GAME (or APP). Something like this

Code:
            <activity
                android:name="com.crystallinegreen.executivestar.LauncherActivity"
                android:label="@string/app_name" >
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                    <category android:name="tv.ouya.intent.category.GAME"/>                
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>
    Note: The intent filter has changed. It used to be ouya.intent.category.GAME. It now has tv. in front of it

10). Remove any other OUYA related intent filters from the manifest. Only the launcher activity should have the OUYA category intent

11). Build your app so that you have an .apk

12). Go back to the website where you were before and upload the game and click save at the bottom when it has uploaded

13). The apk will take a few minutes to verify. You may need to refresh the browser

14). If no error is displayed, you should be able to select "submit for approval" button

15). Once approved, you will receive an email informing you the submission is approved

16). Click "Publish" next to the game on the website

WARNING: The game/app is published immediately!

17). You may need to go back to the main menu and then re-enter the store for your game/app to appear. It should be listed under the category you selected in Tags when entering information about the game
    Last edited by James Andrew Coote; 02-05-2013 at 11:00 PM.
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

And here is the first game on the store! A hello world app :P

@JamesACoote

Another picture
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

I like how there's an "Indie" category lol.

Quote Originally Posted by salvasaur View Post
    I like how there's an "Indie" category lol.
    Haha, I have a feeling several sub-categories will be needed..
    Otherwise we'll end up having 80% of all games in the indie category

I think these are just preliminary categories. I'm sure a lot will change between now and the March release.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

I should add that at the moment, you still need someone from team OUYA to actually approve the app after submitting it for review. I think they did it fast for me because I was the first one
    @JamesACoote

Awesome! can't wait.
    Vax Gravity - 3D Platformer
    Rune Gear - CSG Level Editor

Wildrune
    http://www.wildrune.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    I think these are just preliminary categories. I'm sure a lot will change between now and the March release.
    Definitely, especially with the different kinds of games coming out. Maybe even an eSports category...for some hardcore competition... I would be all over that in a heartbeat

So will this already be the "final store"? Or is it rather a test store which is gonna be purged shortly before the actual Ouya release?