Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blastwave Command - Looking for Feedback

hi everyone.

i have been working for some time in a game, that we call Blastwave Command.

the initial idea was to make a "clone" of Battle city, but with modern 3D graphics. the design evolved to what it is right now.
    its a dual stick, Old-School action game.

right now its on early beta, and we are looking for some feedback.

positive / negative, anything you want to tell us.

you can see a short video here:

and you can download the apk here: https://mega.co.nz/#!WBZXCByZ!MeSYtx...3ICbySBjjI6LlE
    (no password required)

some highlights:
    - we want to make this game hard (but not impossible), how do you see the difficulty?
    - there will be more weapons (they just wont be on the first level)
    - we want to add and autoaim for tanks that are very close, what do you think?
    - the multiplayer feature is almost done, hopefully will be ready in a couple of weeks.
    - all the lights are dinamycs, arent they cute?

thanks!!
    Last edited by Killswitch; 08-12-2014 at 03:24 AM.

The shadows under the tanks give me the feeling that they are hovering and the lighting on the tank is a little, just a little too dark. imo
    Gameplay so far seems pretty smooth.
    Also, what is the end game, what are we as gamers trying to accomplish in our missions?

I will check out the apk when I get a chance in a little while.
    Demos. Who gives a shit...
    "I hate him" - Some Internet dude named Killswitch
    "I finally got intimate with my OUYA" - boxtropica
    "I bring the hookers and Mt Dew" - Killswitch

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/lO42Zgy.png[/SIGPIC]

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

It won't download on my OUYA because the browser is outdated...how ironic.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Oops, it was me who edited the thread. I forgot I added the video. See the icon that looks like a film strip? That's for video.
    Looks like you have a good start.

I tried it out. Here a couple of points:
    - PLEASE increase font size in dialog and buttons. I have a large TV and site rather far from it and it's really tiny and hard to read. Make sure you test for this.
    - Game is really hard at first and then gets easier the more powerups you gather. At the start you cant really dodge that much and have to eat the bullet to hit the enemy. In the end you are so fast and have range upgrades you can just shoot from afar.
    - What I'm missing here is a little bit of tactics or strategy to hit enemies / dodging enemy attacks. I don't knwo how to solve it, but just as an example have a short rocket boost in a direction to dodge bullets / close gaps.
    - Concerning that point I liked the missle turrets behind the walls.
    - Probably temporary but the controls for choosing weapons is wierd. I'm guessing one of them is a quick cheat. ("A" gives you the rapid Fire weapon, "L2" gives you standard shot)
    - It'd be nice to have some gauges or a stats screen to see your current range / power/ etc. upgrades.

- Yeah the shadows are a bit big, but didnt bother me much
    - Didnt miss any autoaim for near tnkas. Maybe I wasnt near enough.
    - To make it for difficult the enemies near the end should be able to take more hits. This kind of coutneracts the damage upgrade. But there are three ways to make things harder: Either make the enemies faster, make them do more damage or give them more health.

Think that's all I have.
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

some nice arcade'ish Return Fire Action. Nice. Going this a try later.
    IN PIXEL I TRUST

hello all, thanks for taking time to help

Quote Originally Posted by undftdroar View Post
    The shadows under the tanks give me the feeling that they are hovering and the lighting on the tank is a little, just a little too dark. imo
    Gameplay so far seems pretty smooth.
    Also, what is the end game, what are we as gamers trying to accomplish in our missions?
    im working on a fix for the shadows, but i havent solved it yet.

there is a boss at the end of each level, and there will be a huge one at the end of the last level, just like an old arcade game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhellik View Post
    - PLEASE increase font size in dialog and buttons. I have a large TV and site rather far from it and it's really tiny and hard to read. Make sure you test for this.
    wow!... i thought there were already too big, i need to look into this

- Game is really hard at first and then gets easier the more powerups you gather. At the start you cant really dodge that much and have to eat the bullet to hit the enemy. In the end you are so fast and have range upgrades you can just shoot from afar.
    - To make it for difficult the enemies near the end should be able to take more hits. This kind of coutneracts the damage upgrade. But there are three ways to make things harder: Either make the enemies faster, make them do more damage or give them more health.
    well, actually, the enemies of the last part are harder to kill... it seems they are not harder enough.

- What I'm missing here is a little bit of tactics or strategy to hit enemies / dodging enemy attacks. I don't knwo how to solve it, but just as an example have a short rocket boost in a direction to dodge bullets / close gaps.
    - Concerning that point I liked the missle turrets behind the walls.
    well, there are more enemy types, some of them have some strategy with them, there is one that covers and attack, there is one that if you hit him it will raise a shield, and more... but there is none of them in the first level.
    in the first level there are only dumb ones.
    may be i should add a special one in the first level... ?

- Probably temporary but the controls for choosing weapons is wierd. I'm guessing one of them is a quick cheat. ("A" gives you the rapid Fire weapon, "L2" gives you standard shot)
    yep, its a quick cheat, sorry xD, i was dealing with other stuff and forgot about this one. cause for quick testing i test on the pc, and here you change weapons with number 1 - 6

- It'd be nice to have some gauges or a stats screen to see your current range / power/ etc. upgrades.
    they are almost done!, also i want to set a cap on upgrades.

thanks a lot!!!, ill take your recommendations and improve a little before uploading a next version.

Any new alpha build to test?
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

hey!! i have been working!!...

this is the new look of the game. what do you think??

Looks pretty fly