Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Game Pencil Engine - Future OUYA Dev tool in Public Alpha

We are now on Steam Greenlight.

Please upvote it and show some support.

Good afternoon,

I'm happy to announce that after years of hard work I have created a game engine & IDE to create cross-platform games.

The Game Penci Engine features Windows[available now] and Mac+Linux[Coming soon] Editors, 2D Canvas rendering and physics, Tiled and Animation support, strict-mode compliant Javascript scripting, and deploys natively to HTML5, console(s) and desktop.

Game Pencil Engine Editor

You can now create 2D games with our dynamic editors which place respect on code and components.

Please show some support and pick up a copy now at https://pawbyte.itch.io/game-pencil-engine

Free & Deluxe editions are available.

I will be recompiling to Mac & Linux soon. The editor does work fully on all 3 main Operating systems.

Thank you for your time.

Hope you have you as part of the userbase.

United States, Earth, Milkyway, the Other Side of the Gate, Existance

This looks nice- it doesn't float my boat, but I'd like to see this funded.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Hey Nathan,

I'm interested to see someone going down a similar way to myself. I am starting on my own game engine, as I really enjoyed putting together my own tile engine and realized in toying with RPG Maker from the recent bundle sale that I could go further. Not doing it from scratch, but yeah.

And then, in the hopes that what we create and do can make the world a little bit of a better place, I'm with you there.

So to my fellow path goer, I wish you all the best.

Hey Ouyans,

Lately there has been alot of developments in my life which will cause a delay.

Please read the full story here.

I'm so sorry to hear all of that. Best wishes to your father in getting well, and good luck in rebuilding.

Life happens, and you can only take things one step at a time. No rush.
    "Be the change you wish to see."

anything that brings more developers/games to the Ouya has my vote. Not something I will use as spent way too many years with Clickteam products.
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

Since it is C++ & SDL does it run on Linux?

Yes,

Also, I kinda need help in the department of processing scripts in a fast manner(not lua) as well as making pathfinding work.

Quote Originally Posted by theweirdn8 View Post
    Yes,

Also, I kinda need help in the department of processing scripts in a fast manner(not lua) as well as making pathfinding work.
    Have you looked at Squirrel?
    similar to LUA but better garbage collection.

One of the emulator frontends I've been playing with on PC uses it for theming.

Quote Originally Posted by theweirdn8 View Post
    What is it that you're looking for in a scripting language? The reason why Lua is out of your consideration might be helpful.

As for pathfinding, does the problem lie in understanding how to do it, or do you have that down and it just isn't working regardless? Or is it more tied to having issues doing it from a platform/side view?
    Last edited by Sitting Fox; 07-09-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    "Be the change you wish to see."