Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thank you guys for the encouragement.

Before anyone gets their hopes up, I may not do the 2 player. Not sure yet and that's because the other platforms. Obviously it's easier to have the same game and port than to have one be different and also have to make changes to it.

Hm.. It's kind of hard to have opinions about a game I know so little about. A "rough rough rough demo" is like you said something that will be almost completely changed as progress is made. With this said I figured I'd at least type down some thoughts. None of them will contain comments about the visuals as I'm sure you're already on top of most that we could think about.

* Will we be able to switch between different firepower on the fly? I see you went for a nice spreadshot in the demo, but as we all can see it's not optimal against the boss which is a single, strong, enemy - and not a mass of smaller weak ones.

* I very much oppose the notion of having enemies coming at me from behind. Even in shoot 'em ups where you can shoot backwards that's just really awkward (for me). This is especially true for vertical shmups.

Is there going to be a certain scoring system (chaining, rank, switchable fire modes for more points etc) or just plain "shoot stuff and get points"?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    Hm.. It's kind of hard to have opinions about a game I know so little about. A "rough rough rough demo" is like you said something that will be almost completely changed as progress is made. With this said I figured I'd at least type down some thoughts. None of them will contain comments about the visuals as I'm sure you're already on top of most that we could think about.

* Will we be able to switch between different firepower on the fly? I see you went for a nice spreadshot in the demo, but as we all can see it's not optimal against the boss which is a single, strong, enemy - and not a mass of smaller weak ones.

* I very much oppose the notion of having enemies coming at me from behind. Even in shoot 'em ups where you can shoot backwards that's just really awkward (for me). This is especially true for vertical shmups.

Is there going to be a certain scoring system (chaining, rank, switchable fire modes for more points etc) or just plain "shoot stuff and get points"?
    Switching weapons...wasn't planned...can probably do that or something else. Might take the spread back and make it straight then the NEXT powerup adds shots from the side. SOmething like that but not 5 directional

From behind might be a little much. That was one I didn't consider unless they're just passing you but not like attacking or anything.

Have to work on a score system, that is one I've been debating. With as many shots and all that, I don't know if it makes sense to chain. Was thinking shooting for points would be best but maybe a point multiplier

Thanks for the input

No problem, I'll follow the development with interest!

Won't be much to follow. Wrapping this quick then going back to the project I was working on. So better be here everyday

Sample title screen but the buttons need to be changed. Also need to get some art for the title

It's got my thumbs up on YouTube. Did you design the sprites? They look amazing.
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

I should front and say yes I did but no.
    Assets are bought, they're actually 3D models from Unity's asset store.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

I'm with Rosse, the sprites look great. Also, I dig the title screen you've got. That planet has got a nasty hurricane going on.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

1 members found this post helpful.
    Well...
    The email I waited all day for yesterday (luckily this pinched nerve was so bad I do much yesterday anyway), it came this morning...that's some BS. As if I didn't have the week from hell already...I knew when they extended the deadline that people would have more time to polish and/or enter finished games. The finished games pretty much took all the spots in the contest. Wish I could rewind time a week then none of the events that knocked down my motivation would have happened, probably could have had a little more polish and MAYBE get in the top 10.

So will plow ahead with OUYA/Vita/Android/iOS version since they're kind of prepared thanks to the contest. I scaled it back to 10 stages instead of 12. People who tossed out random ideas, I used some of them like a ship name was thrown in, currency name, space junk...I did find some space stuff not sure I'd call it junk, playstyle which still needs tweaking which I will try not to perfectionist it up.

I'd like to get it out in a week but won't guarantee that. Have stages to do, animation which is a bitch, adding voice spots in the right places, adding music and sound effects, getting my lines and the other female lines done which won't take long, coming up with a title since Etherium is the name of a game already...Astra Etherium?

And now since I'm ditching Kii, may add 2 player online, still debating if this game would be better as a single player only.

So yeah...that's the update.

Since there is a game named Etherium and those I would usually bounce ideas off of are who knows where...
    I just decided on Astra Etherium (Yeah I went out on a limb)
    Undftdroar pulled out GIMP and did a little work so now I have a real title screen.
    Really becoming a community project here, just needs one more element.