Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Astra Etherium: Adventures of a Space Bounty Hunter in Space

This game was meant to be an entry in a contest. Still is a contest entry at the moment but not sure it will be finished in time to be a final entry. Wasn't meant to be a full release game like some of my other projects but if it worked for the contest then it why not use it. The other projects are much bigger and wouldn't fit the time constraints.

It's a shump, will possibly be 2 player when the OUYA version is out. Not online due to the network I need to use but you should be able to take it from OUYA to iOS to Android to Vita as long as everything works.

Part of the contest is getting the game posted, having people vote and all that so I need some of you guys to go to Youtube and give it a + or thumbs up or whatever system they use now. Well, preferably all of you.

You're looking at a rough rough rough demo. I mean REALLY rough....
    Almost don't want to post the video it's so rough.
    Music will change, powerups will change, background will change, stages will be longer...
    A lot will be changing...
    But needed something before midnight tonight.

First: SHMUP not SHUMP

Second: Looking good so far, I am impressed with what you did in a short amount of time.
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar
    Figures the one shooter on the console that looks half decent might not even come. You truly are a shitface, you know that? In any case, the game looks pretty damn good for what you're conveying as a prototype of sorts. Hmm, let me break it down.

1. Do you plan on adding anything resembling an old school enemy pattern like seen in the Galaga picture? I personally think that this is merely for nostalgia purposes and while it was fun back then; I however don't want to see it now as it's not fun here in the present. Even when games try to cash in on the nostalgia factor.

2. Do you have a story and what type of stereotypical vertical shooter story would it be if it did? It's a shooter so it doesn't require anything epic for a story.

I like how the enemies move because they're more organic in movement and attack patterns opposed to what you see where it looks like the enemies are on a grid while shooting a configured timed second the developers set them to. Doing what they do makes the game far less strategic as all you have to do is is play a game of Chess in your head against the game's numerous artificial intelligences which leads to a very "flat" game-play experience. Hell, I'd honestly say that it leads to a bad shooter if you do it so cookie-cutter. Furthermore, I don't like how you're all in space and yet there's never any obstacles like already blown up enemy and ally ships to deal with along with asteroids. Make sure to add those little touches to make the game-play more dynamic and unique to insure that an Ikaruga master like myself can be entertained.

Is this going to be a SHMUP or Bullet-Hell? There is a difference believe me. I can give examples if you want.
    "My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!"- Bozie OO Spool

Damn you Kai and your typo correcting. SHMUP. Happy now you bastard?
    It's actually going to be bullet hellish. I don't know if it will be Ikaruga exactly but bullet hellish.

Enemies will be in some wave format but not locked down yet. They will come in and out of the scene like you see in the demo. Maybe come in from the sides too. Won't look like Space Invaders or something where you see a clear grid of enemies if that makes sense. Probably need to add more random asteroids.

Those who checked out my developer post know there is a storyline. Working on that part.
    Basically a space bounty hunter chasing down bandits...there will be dialogue between stages. Added in a storyline twist too if you actually pay attention to the story and don't fast forward through it. Might add an option to turn off the story after you've gone through it.

Planning to have an option to turn off music because I know some people are picky bastards about music.

The other controllers will be supported.

I guess I still haven't cleared up the confusion...the game WILL be on OUYA. It's the contest it might not be finished for, if I make it to tomorrow then I have 3-4 days to be completely done and right now...I just don't have it in me. Other than that it will be on OUYA.

I think you should have them appear from all angels(this is space right?) Left, right, front, back, and scaled top and bottom.
    "My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!"- Bozie OO Spool

Quote Originally Posted by Warzard View Post
    I think you should have them appear from all angels(this is space right?) Left, right, front, back, and scaled top and bottom.
    I assume you meant angles and not angels. Trying not to over-complicate things, it was meant to be a short game but got extended because all the help that was sent my way.

Maxamillion, space bounty hunter, working for the federation is sent to bring in these bandits. There is interaction between Maxamillion and the bandits, the federation head, a dispatch operator for the federation and some of the bandits too. Don't want to give away the plot twist, it's not much since it's not really story based, the aim is to shoot shoot shoot.

Looking at 10-12 stages.

No I meant angels!

Looking good so far KS - keep it up.
    "Withhold no sacrifice, grudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe."

http://grimbarian.itch.io/silent-star-blast