Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Platformers on PC usually go with the keybaord layout as follows:

Movement: WASD/Arrows
    Jump: Space
    Reset: R

I don't usually play with a keyboard but one game that does it well is Mark of the Ninja.

Thanks, timmytot666! The trouble is I've got so many functions other than jump to deal with. Nothing quite feels natural. At least I've got some other PC platformers I can investigate.

vatigo: Yeah, it probably wasn't such a good idea to stick such a challenging level before the paywall I'll see what I can do about toning it down a bit.

undftdroar: Thanks man!

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timmytot666 View Post
    Platformers on PC usually go with the keybaord layout as follows:

Movement: WASD/Arrows
    Jump: Space
    Reset: R

I don't usually play with a keyboard but one game that does it well is Mark of the Ninja.
    Classic DOS games usually used the cursor keys plus CTRL, ALT, and maybe Shift or Space. Japanese doujin games usually use Z, X, and sometimes also C, Shift, and/or Space if more buttons are needed.

BTW, fantastic game! I bought it before even hitting the paywall.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGuin View Post

Hi everybody! I just released my SNES-style adventure platformer, "The Adventures of Chris." I hope you like it! Right now, it's only out on the OUYA.

It's a great to be a part of such an awesome community of developers and gamers!

HardcoreGamer: "A hidden gem!" http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/05...refront/84862/
    ReviOUYA: 8.7/10 http://reviouya.wordpress.com/2014/0...ures-of-chris/

1.0.2 - Now supports PS3 controllers.
    I wrote the HG bit - glad you got some use out of it. I should've embedded my footage with that article. I must've been waiting for it to upload while writing it or something.
    My Youtube Channel - check out hundreds of OUYA vids -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mgfanjpeep

flamepanther: Thanks! Classic DOS platformers... I wonder if I can find my old copy of Zool somewhere...
    MGFanJay: Thanks for writing the blurb! I don't have a lot of experience with marketing and promotion (in case you couldn't already tell ) so I use what I can.

Banned

If you wanna send me a message with all the actions I can try and work a keymap out for you.

timmytot666 - Awesome! I'll do that in a sec

I also wanted to see if anybody would be kind enough to test my new larger screen size apk... I think it looks much better but I want to make sure I'm not crazy to submit this. Basic sanity check. (All my usual testing buddies are Memorial Day-occupied) PM me if you're willing to give it a shot and I'll forward you a link to the latest apk.

Update 1.0.3 just went live!

* New wide screen viewport
    * Redrawn backdrops
    * Extended range for Chris's flip attack (birds can now be hit more easily from below)
    * Extended floating away music
    * Triggers now work to change spells as well as shoulder buttons
    * Optimizations

Hope you enjoy it

Oh I'm glad that collision detection is better in that portion. It was pain in the bum!
    http://www.ccshgames.com - Updated 1/10/2016
    PC & Mac games - Updated more frequently
    OUYA games I've had a hand in: Slashers: The Power Battle (voice actor), Battle High 2 (casting/marketing director, voice actor), Astra Etherium (voice actor)
    OUYA games published: Shady's Poopong: 22nd Anniversary Edition, Chomperman

1 members found this post helpful.
    Yeah, difficulty tuning has been quite the challenge. That's why I'm so thankful for all the feedback!

In other news, I released to Amazon Fire TV as an experiment yesterday morning, and so far, I gotta say - as a solo hobbyist developer, OUYA is about a jillion times better - community, discoverability, support for Adobe AIR... (I know that last one's not a big deal for most people, but it matters to me )