Very nice, I'll be looking forward to this game.
I'm currently working on a 3D top-down hack 'n slash game for the CREATE game jam! I have fond memories of playing games like Gauntlet: Dark Legacy with friends over local multiplayer, so we're trying to make a similar game in a team of two.
For the CREATE game jam, we're just putting everything inside of an arena to really focus on the gameplay. Long-term (i.e. for actual release) there will be actual levels to explore.
- Supports up to 4 players!
- Each player controls a warrior character
- Enemy skeletons will spawn in an arena as the party fights to survive!
- Game stats are displayed once the entire party is defeated. Try and beat your friends!
Long-term goals (tentative):
- "Campaign" mode to go alongside Arcade mode
- Focus primarily on local co-op. Online play _may_ be doable, but probably not at launch.
- Power-ups! Think Gauntlet.
- Multiple hero types with different attacks, rather than just the basic fighter seen in the prototype.
- Free gameplay will include an arcade mode and a few levels. For-purchase will be something like "campaign packs" which include a bunch of levels and a new thematically-appropriate hero.
CREATE entry page: http://killscreendaily.com/create/vi...ubmissionID=76 - Tweet/Like it if you like the game!
Development photos: Imgur album
Development blog: Here
Downloads: Android APK
(Discussion on official OUYA forums here.)
Last edited by Xaak; 01-28-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Glad to hear people are looking forward to it! Spent today learning NGUI and I've got health bars working with a main menu screen in progress! I also attached a photo of the game running on a dev console in the main post for fun.
Prototype progress is looking good for CREATE!
AWESOME! I think this is the first "new" OUYA game I have seen with 4 players!