Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Official OUYA Representative
    Chats

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Upcoming changes to DISCOVER

Hey folks,

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up on some upcoming DISCOVER improvements. Over the past few months, we've been putting in some behind-the-scenes code to allow us to better make changes on our server and have them show up immediately on OUYA with no update required. Going forward you'll be seeing changes as we run tests to help determine the best DISCOVER layout for our gamers and developers.

We've read your comments and the most overwhelming feedback (from both gamers and developers) was to eliminate the Sandbox and replace it with a New Releases section. So that's the first change you'll see, starting today =)

I do want to emphasize that we'll be running a number of different tests over the next few weeks - and this is one of them. So don't be alarmed when you see changes...just keep giving us feedback on what you do and don't like.

Thanks!
    -James, Producer Dude

Chats

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This is excellent news and don't worry about the feedback. We got you covered.
    The OUYA Kickstarter & Other Crowd-Funding Campaigns section needs a section moderator. If you're interested then click here and apply.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and check us out at Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn
    If you have an emergency related to OUYAForum then feel free to contact me via private message here, or on my visitor messages page which can be navigated to from my profile page here. I usually get back to people within three days.

Chats

You can bet you'll hear feedback

Hopefully more positive than negative
    Killswitch Interviews with OUYA Devs and Personalities - Click here
    What's your destination? - Details coming soonishly
    Forum Rules - Da Rules
    Want Table Top Racing on Ouya? Make your voice heard here

Chats

Long as you keep a way for every single developer to have a chance of showing up in discover, go for it!

I'm guessing this will be similar but start showing new stuff in order of release date or something related.

Chats

Can't wait to see how it works out, the silent updating part.
    Quick rules to follow: Be Nice|Behave|No Bullying|No Threatening|No Double Posting|No Soliciting|
    |No Spamming|No Cross Posting|No Derailing|And Please re-read the Forum Rules about Bumping and Reviving Threads|

If you have a question about this forum or if you're unclear of the rules,
    please don't hesitate to PM me or another Super Moderators about them.

Ouya Fan
    Chats

YAY! Very excited to hear that these changes can now be instant!

Also a big fan of the renaming of "Sandbox". I'll keep my eye out for future changes!

Official OUYA Representative
    Chats

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Oh yea, that's a good point to clarify. With this change, all games will show up in the genres immediately when they are published (previously they had to exit the Sandbox to be in a genre). Genres are sorted by O-rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablohead View Post
    Long as you keep a way for every single developer to have a chance of showing up in discover, go for it!

I'm guessing this will be similar but start showing new stuff in order of release date or something related.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by kitsune View Post
    Oh yea, that's a good point to clarify. With this change, all games will show up in the genres immediately when they are published (previously they had to exit the Sandbox to be in a genre). Genres are sorted by O-rank.
    Thanks that is the best news I've heard, no more having to get out of the Sandbox
    Super Renegade Response
    Team Tumblr Page
    Team Twitter Page

Games bought so far Wrestling Revolution, Canabalt HD, Shadowgun, Ice Rage, Hellworm, FIGHT! Kung Fu, Saturday Morning RPG, You Don't Know Jack, Retro Racer Combat, Giana Sisters, Knightmare Tower, Fist of Awesome, Pizza Boy, Hero of Many, Reaper, Red, Abduction-Action!-Plus, Neon Shadow, Polarity, Night Riders, Amazing Frog? And Ittle Dew

Chats

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I hope that one of the changes will be an introduction of the Beta section where unfinished games will stay until their full release.

OUYA Developer
    Chats

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I don't think the Sandbox should just go away. Have it as a category in the genre row. I LOVE the idea of a new release section.