Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

How Do You Handle Your Storage?

I'm rather interested to hear what people have to say about this. Until today I had some things on external and some things on internal with only moving things to the latter once I wanted something new to download which forced me to move something. Now I only have Pinball Arcade and Crunchyroll on the internal storage while everything else is on my external device. I might just make everything internal because it's not like I never had my external device in the console at all times anyway.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules. Also make sure to keep up-to-date with contests & sales.
    Show support for OUYAForum by becoming a Supporter.

OUYA Developer

I have everything other than XBMC external. My reason being my 80GB HDD (that I only ever use for the OUYA) is nowhere near full so why not? but also that the HDD can probably take more read/write cycles before it hits the end of it's life than the internal memory of the OUYA can.

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

For my use, internal is for utilities and media players, external (a 32GB MicroSD) is for games. Movies and music are on a nearby NAS drive.
    Last edited by flamepanther; 04-15-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

On my external storage (USB stick) are movies and ROMs. All my games and apps are on the internal storage.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

I have all of Discover on external storage.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizophretard View Post
    I have all of Discover on external storage.
    ^ this. Everything is on external. And while I don't have ALL of Discover on it, I have probably 90%.

This may sound a bit dumb but how do you install apps on an external storage (either external sd card or usb storage)?

Go to details of the app and select move. All of my multiplayer games and xbmc are internal so I can plug in my usb controllers if I feel like. Eberything else is on a 500gb hard drive music, single player games, and any of my personal ouya projects.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
    XBMC info for newbs http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?11077-OUYA-XBMC-And-You!

How to Amazon Appstore http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?8351-How-to-Amazon-AppStore

Everything (that I can) except Netflix pushed to my 1TB hard drive!

OUYAForum Manager

1 members found this post helpful.
    Moved everything but Another World to external. Left it cause it breaks the save game and too lazy to find and move it lol. The menu system and discover actually seems to slow down a little when I drop below 2.5GB of free space on the internal memory