Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Project Etherium: Possibly need voices for a game project - Male and female

I'm pushing to get a game in for the Kii + Unity contest.
    Competition didn't look like it was going to be much but a strong contender just stepped in the ring so this idea that I was planning to leave out, may be needed.

I want to add cutscenes to my game and basically each stage will bring someone new into the picture.
    So I may need 4-6 males and 2 females to volunteer a little time. Probably talking 2-3 paragraphs each, if even that. One of the females will be needed for possibly a few lines since she will run the shop in the game. She will be a syrupy sweet, flirty type personality. The other female may be a few more lines since I'm thinking of her being a main character, the one who interacts the most with the actual main character, head of the League of Bounty Hunters, so maybe 10 paragraphs. This one will be more of an aloof character.

This might get left out of the game due to time, unless I can find someone who I can count on to help out but with the time crunch that's hard to do.

If you respond I will make note of it and I should be able to give you an answer by Wednesday if it will make it into the game and if it does then I need you to be ready to go, I'm lucky enough that I was given an extension (sssssshhhhhhhhh!) . If you do respond and you are not from the US, let me know what country because I might tailor the character to your country and/or possible accent.

Of course if I win, I'll figure something out for those who helped.

This game will come to Ouya but for the contest I have to have an Android and/or iOS build. So expect it to show up like a week after it's done since porting isn't a big deal.

The game will be a shump, probably 2 players online with achievements. The story line I'm going for is a space bounty hunter cruising the cosmos, collecting bounties and of course coming across interesting characters (the hunted). Now that I've typed all this out, if you're familiar with Space Dandy you might seen similarities and no that was not planned but now that I'm reading it...there will be some similarities. Trying to add some comedy to the cutscenes.

If I can't put the scenes into the game for the contest, I may still do it for the Ouya version of the game.

Also, I may need someone who can do quick colored drawings of the characters for the cutscenes so if someone wants to lend their services, let me know. This is one thing I don't think I will have time to do myself because I also have to post the video and get people to vote on it and all that too. May go with no pictures but it takes away from the scenes.

Thanks
    Mr Switch

North of England (not London/Cockney) accent and could do a bit if you wanted.
    "Withhold no sacrifice, grudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe."

http://grimbarian.itch.io/silent-star-blast

Banned

Experience voice acting with multiple characters accents are very basic besides hispanic which is my natural flavour. I'm willing to help out if you need sir.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys, I know I will probably have to go off site for a few people.
    It's something I want to add to the game so it's not "just another shump part 28"

Italy, not sure about the accent. But if needed I can try., sounds fun
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?12041-The-list-of-offline-working-games

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

You guys can send Killswitch voice samples of yourselves by using this. Consider it an application of sorts.

Banned

No thanks, just go look at my PPSSPP video xD

Could you provide some sample lines and maybe some idea of what the characters are like?
    http://www.ccshgames.com - Updated 1/10/2016
    PC & Mac games - Updated more frequently
    OUYA games I've had a hand in: Slashers: The Power Battle (voice actor), Battle High 2 (casting/marketing director, voice actor), Astra Etherium (voice actor)
    OUYA games published: Shady's Poopong: 22nd Anniversary Edition, Chomperman

Thought I mentioned nothing is scripted...I can go back and read my post later, was in a rush.

Like I said, I was not going to put this part of the game in until I saw that someone else made a game that could possibly win. The games before 3am this morning did not seem strong at all and I was still on the fence about even doing this project because of time needed and required but then look at Twitter and staring me in the face is a game that looks like they at least put some effort into it. It was just going to be a shump, no real theme and just finish it but now it looks like I need a hook.

What I may do is allow someone to come up with something and see if it fits. Really won't even look at it until like Monday or Tuesday because I need the gameplay down and ready, I really really really need to have everything else be solid. But I will probably still add it to Ouya version if it's not in the contest version.

I likely misread what you said, my bad. Will re-read.

Hehehe... Re-re
    http://www.ccshgames.com - Updated 1/10/2016
    PC & Mac games - Updated more frequently
    OUYA games I've had a hand in: Slashers: The Power Battle (voice actor), Battle High 2 (casting/marketing director, voice actor), Astra Etherium (voice actor)
    OUYA games published: Shady's Poopong: 22nd Anniversary Edition, Chomperman