Close
Advertise Here

Non professional English>Italian translator

Hello,
    I am a native Italian speaker who studied foreign languages and literatures at the University of Trieste but had to quit for personal reasons.

At the moment I have contributed to the Italian translation of BombSquad and translated completely a free Belgian (French language) game à la Diablo which hasn't came out yet (I've never heard the developer again).

I can work for my name in the credits and a thank you, but of course I gladly accept offers.

Feel free to PM me!
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?12041-The-list-of-offline-working-games

Is this a limited offer or do you plan to keep this open a while?
    Might need your services on a future project.

Translators are very hard to get for free/cheap, they usually ask for a hefty price, even for small projects. I wouldn't pass this up if I was a developer.
    Signature Pending...

@Killswitch: my offer will remain open, but working on my spare time might take a lot on big projects.

@Sluup: I didn't know that, I'll think about reconsidering my price list. @Killswitch again, you'll know whom to thank

EDIT: Seriously now, I just like to know that the Italian localization is available, and on Ouya is rare at the moment. Plus, it's my contribution to the many free games available, that's why I don't ask much.
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

Just giving a shout-out to jeffry84; He's done an awesome job with the community-supported Italian translation for BombSquad (he's contributed and corrected quite a bit). Big thumbs up from me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffry84 View Post
    @Sluup: I didn't know that, I'll think about reconsidering my price list. @Killswitch again, you'll know whom to thank
    Always a moderator who ruins the fun for everyone

But you have a good reference.

Just finished doing another translation, I hope to see it on my Ouya soon. I won't name the game until its developers do it though

EDIT: changed my mind. I hope the update will come to OUYA soon.
    I translated Golden Tricycle's CLARC (I don't know if I'll ever see my translation live on OUYA though :/), Eldon McGuinness' BootyCall, and UfoCrashGames' FullBlast.
    Last edited by Jeffry84; 12-31-2014 at 02:27 PM. Reason: updated "curriculum".