Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

im down with the mid 80's to early 90's turtles..

from action figures, comics, the cartoon and of course the first 2 TMNT movies. not a big fan of the new versions though

Love the current series. It's every bit as good as the first cartoon. It seems like they learned what worked in the first two series and mixed them together with some of their own twists. It works beautifully. I liked the 2003 series, but to me, it pales in comparison to the other two. I'm really excited to see where the Karai storyline goes and when we get the threat of the Technodrome back.

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

I wonder if I'm the only person here who ranks the 1986 cartoon at the bottom of the franchise. I prefer the original Mirage comics, the 2003 cartoon, and the 2007 movie.

The current show is fantastic overall, but does a few things that damage my enjoyment of it. That's a common thing for me in Glen Murakami's shows in general.

My two year old (who LOVES Mikey) has now taken it upon himself to randomly run around the house while yelling: "Booyakasha!" He make me so proud. You know your a TMNT household when you are teaching him the months of the year and when you say: "March", "April", he follows the next month with "O'Neil." LOL

Quote Originally Posted by flamepanther View Post
    I wonder if I'm the only person here who ranks the 1986 cartoon at the bottom of the franchise. I prefer the original Mirage comics, the 2003 cartoon, and the 2007 movie.

The current show is fantastic overall, but does a few things that damage my enjoyment of it. That's a common thing for me in Glen Murakami's shows in general.
    You're not the only one. I was a fan of the comics, which were bad ass and not kid-ified at all.

The cartoons? Eh, I haven't really liked those I've seen because they were so far from the comics. The 2007 movie was actually fairly decent. Might have to give the 2003 cartoon and current series a shot.

I think the comic was quite unknown here in Italy, we knew the TMNT as the 1987 cartoon and toys (I was born in 1984 so I could be wrong). I saw that series and the in Italian and Raffaello's (not Raphael! Why did you adapt his name, lol) voice is not the current Donatello's.
    I watched all the 2003 series, the 2007 film and a couple of episodes of the 2012 series in English though, since today I can enjoy them in their original language
    I've never read the original comic unfortunately :/

GOONGALA!!

Jeffry84, love your avatar. Just watched that last week. I had forgotten how funny that film is.

"Do you know who he is!?!?" LOL

He is VIIIGO!

I usually have the 1987 Shredder (and for a period I had September from Fringe), but I got inspired by another user's signature which was a Vigo the Butch's quote: "On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of EVIL!"

Also, see you in Heaven Harold Ramis.

EDIT: found this, I saw it long ago on Facebook

I was young when the original comic came out and I had a bunch of them. When the cartoon came out I didn't like it at first, but I liked it eventually. I loved all the games on NES, SNES, arcade and the like. I still like the OG comic the best. Jeffry84, I like your avatar too. Check my signature.
    "My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!"- Bozie OO Spool