Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What about emulators, will we see them on the OUYA?

As the title states. Do you guys think we will see emulators on the OUYA? Because it would be freaking awesome if you could play NES, SNES, N64 and all other old gaming consoles games on the OUYA. If this system gets it's own emulators, i would be one very happy donator! (Note: i have already made a donation, but emulators would be incredibly awesome either way!)

I have no doubts emulators will be on the system. Via the OUYA store? Maybe not, but Julie has mentioned you can sideload apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrik View Post
    I have no doubts emulators will be on the system. Via the OUYA store? Maybe not, but Julie has mentioned you can sideload apps.
    If that is true, then I expect a ps2 emulator on launch

Quote Originally Posted by zander93 View Post
    If that is true, then I expect a ps2 emulator on launch
    If someone with Emulator knowledge gets their hands on a developer edition, then I see no reason why not - from an independent source, as Emulators can be difficult territory for the store to legally place.
    (Bearing in mind I'm no legal expert! Just that this can come into odd territory :-/)

ahhh if I could score a PS2/N64 emulator with access to ROMS, this might actually sway me on board with a OUYA.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard Blades View Post
    ahhh if I could score a PS2/N64 emulator with access to ROMS, this might actually sway me on board with a OUYA.
    Of course only the roms of games you already own right ? (you call yourself an attorney) lol

Quote Originally Posted by MajorProbes View Post
    Of course only the roms of games you already own right ? (you call yourself an attorney) lol
    Psh.....of course......

Aren't there emulators already for the android market? I'm sure someone'll release an ouya ready emulator soon.
    Can't wait to play sf2 like the old days.

There are several emulators for both android and linux. I'm sure they will be tuned to suit Ouya very quickly. I think Nintendo (among others) could stand to make a VERY LARGE sum of money by releasing officially emulated games we all love for a small price. Make the emulator and game built in to one package and sell it moderately cheap. If I could download and play my old SNES favorites for $2-3, you bet I'd be happy to buy it! Or if I had N64 games that ran without issues because Nintendo put a team on tweaking it to work on my Ouya.... Well, I think you see what I'm getting at. There would be an insane number of downloads, and even at $2-3 for OLD games, and $5-10 for N64 etc, they would rake in MILLIONS.

What do you guys think? Should we start hounding Nintendo?
    modEVERYTHING

While it would be nice its not legal is it? I mean dont get me wrong i'd love to play some games i dont have access too at the moment so if it was there on the store i would give it a shot. but i assume it might get taken down for legal reasons.
    I walk alone in this Universe as the last of The Time Lord...