PDA

View Full Version : "Download To Ouya" from Ouya.tv option to ext storage

sahoskins12
01-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Hi guys. Clicked download to my ouya from the Ouya.tv site the other day and noticed that when it went to my Ouya it gave me no option to download to external device rather than internal storage. This was annoying because I then had to manually send them all to external storage after they were done downloading and installing. I know this is only a small issue but it's getting the small things right that gives more of a professional polished feel right?

A simple solution would be a pop-up on the console asking where you want to download to.

mmartino
01-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Hi guys. Clicked download to my ouya from the Ouya.tv site the other day and noticed that when it went to my Ouya it gave me no option to download to external device rather than internal storage. This was annoying because I then had to manually send them all to external storage after they were done downloading and installing. I know this is only a small issue but it's getting the small things right that gives more of a professional polished feel right?

A simple solution would be a pop-up on the console asking where you want to download to.

I think it does this by default because it is supposed to download and install while in sleep mode. I do agree that this irritated me when I tried it but at the same time I can understand the problems with how its supposed to chose. Maybe if they gave us choice when pushing it IDK. I did notice that the feature does not always work. I got a popup the other day for installs I pushed a week before. The thing is I got tired of waiting for it to push so had all the games already downloaded and installed. One game wasn't already but it still didn't push but at least the popup reminded me to download it lol.

So first they should get it working. Then, if possible, give us an option to chose install location.

Nitrogen_Widget
01-23-2014, 06:28 PM
While a nice feature, I really wish it would list the size of the game.

I've pretty much have everything running off my 64gb thumbdrive now so I have as much free space on my Ouya as possible.

sahoskins12
01-23-2014, 07:01 PM
While a nice feature, I really wish it would list the size of the game.

I've pretty much have everything running off my 64gb thumbdrive now so I have as much free space on my Ouya as possible.

I agree. That's another thing I noticed.

Schizophretard
02-10-2014, 07:26 PM
I like the idea but I also think the push pop-up box shouldn't just have an exit X but an OK button because it gives an impression that after you select push that you have to wait for something.

mmartino
02-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Well I have been pushing things for the past 2 weeks with no results until last night. While sitting in front of the Ouya I decided to try again. This time I got a popup listing the 9 games I pushed in the past 2 weeks and said they have been pushed. I closed the box and checked play but nothing was installed. So yeah while some people have told me this feature works for them, I think I am going to stick to writing my games down and wait for Ouya Inc. to fix it lol

Nitrogen_Widget
02-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Well I have been pushing things for the past 2 weeks with no results until last night. While sitting in front of the Ouya I decided to try again. This time I got a popup listing the 9 games I pushed in the past 2 weeks and said they have been pushed. I closed the box and checked play but nothing was installed. So yeah while some people have told me this feature works for them, I think I am going to stick to writing my games down and wait for Ouya Inc. to fix it lol

I saw the "everything that didn't install all of a sudden tried to install" a mile away.

I'm at about 5/8 for pushes making it to the OUYA.