PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas for OUYA developers for the OUYA1

sp4rks
01-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Given the fact that they will be releasing new OUYA on a fairly regular occurrence I got thinking of ways for the original to be kept up to spec or made better for other uses.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could link two OUYA1's together like you SLI graphics cards in pc's.

And how about a car kit so you could have a dedicated shock proof case with 12v cigarette plug built in. Probably as a clip on unit that slots into the current ports.

Just a couple to throw out there.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Eldon.McGuinness
01-14-2014, 11:13 PM
What would need to be shock proof? The device does not have moving parts other than a fan.

Schizophretard
01-15-2014, 12:20 PM
I plan on collecting every iteration of the OUYA but I think the best use for a past iteration for most people would be similar to the used video game market. One could sell it for cheap to get some of the money back, they can gift it, they can donate it to a developer since the new iteration will be backwards compatible, etc. If someone isn't a video game collector, doesn't have multiple TV's to put them on, or any other secondary use that the OUYA already has and they choose to upgrade then the best use is someone else using it.

Nitrogen_Widget
01-15-2014, 07:42 PM
I don't understand this fear of the first ouya becoming obsolete when the next one comes out.
90% of the existing games (my estimates based on pure guesswork :) ) don't even come close to pushing the Ouya now.
Even if the next Ouya had a K1 in it I'd be surprised if many future games made for the 2nd Ouya would bring the first one to it's knees.

I've started seeing android games with quality settings so people with older tablets can play them.
I've never bought a video card for my PC that cost more $125.
In a world with $500 video cards i'm still able to enjoy games on my little budget 'puter just fine by turning down the graphics.
I don't think it would be any different with Ouya.

mmartino
01-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Yeah I may actually skip the Ouya 2. So far this one does what I want it to do. Streams my movies and plays a bunch of fun indie games I have never seen before. I can't see me having to or even wanting to upgrade. Maybe for Ouya 3 lol

As for features that would make me want an Ouya2... a light gun!
But if they made that I am sure they could for the first one lol.

sp4rks
01-17-2014, 12:03 AM
how about two sections in the play area. one for trial games, theother for purchased games.

flamepanther
01-17-2014, 07:34 AM
Connecting two OUYAs would be neat, but for that to be practical, the board would need to already be designed for it... and it isn't.

Killswitch
01-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Connecting two OUYAs would be neat, but for that to be practical, the board would need to already be designed for it... and it isn't.
Just curious. For what purpose?
Data transfer or something else?
Thought I saw connect like vid cards...odd one but you never know in the future.

flamepanther
01-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Just curious. For what purpose?

The OP was suggesting the idea of linking two OUYAs to boost their performance, like you can do with SLI video cards.

Killswitch
01-17-2014, 09:57 AM
The OP was suggesting the idea of linking two OUYAs to boost their performance, like you can do with SLI video cards.

Re-read that AFTER I posted. Figured I missed something early on.