PDA

View Full Version : Get a keyboard mouse combo now!!

offroad
01-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Am going to suggest everyone spend $25 and get a wireless MOUSE and KEYBOARD combination and stop getting frustrated with your controller.

This is the first accessory you should buy.

They are the 800 model by MICROSOFT or the K400 model by Logitech. Either cost around $25 from AMAZON and they have a single USB transmitter that plugs into the single USB port you have on the OUYA. One has a mouse pad in the keyboard, while the other has a separate mouse.

If you plug any controller into the USB slot it will disable the onscreen keyboard for everything on the OUYA. Kind of frustrating.

I know others suggest getting a powered USB hub but that is just more for expansion later. To use with USB memory sticks. Or with other remotes.

Am sure there are more expensive keyboards with built in low power USB slots. But the above keyboard should help with most likely use of browsers and settings. Especially for the XBMC folks.
You can also use the LOGITECH UNIFYING RECIEVER software to map a keyboard and mouse to the same single USB dongle. This is for Logitech mice and keyboards.

Posts merged. Please use the edit button and don't double post. Thanks. -Schiz

vadr_h8r
01-10-2014, 05:28 PM
The only problem I am having with my hub and usb devices, is that some game recognize my Logitech wireless keyboard w/trackpad as the game controller in about half my games even with my keyboard off just because the usb receiver is in the hub. Very annoying!!

undftdroar
01-10-2014, 06:20 PM
I use this, I like the trackball better than the track pad.

http://i.imgur.com/ysO8DWN.jpg

Oxize
01-12-2014, 07:52 PM
I am using for my Zotac Zbox this Lenovo mini keyboard. Works also great on the Ouya.

http://shop.lenovo.com/ISS_Static/ww/ag/merchandising/options/images/large/_460_0_0C51503_V1.jpg

undftdroar
01-12-2014, 10:18 PM
I have the first gen of that, i really liked it but it decided to crap out on me after a year.

amix
01-13-2014, 09:06 AM
I would go for a Bluetooth keyboard with or without trackpad, since the OUYA had Bluetooth already built-in. Saves the USB slot for a memory stick.

The only two problems would be, that OUYA doesn't support Bluetooth keyboards officially and there is more full-size RF keyboards with trackpad on the market than for Bluetooth.

I just had to learn it the hard way: I bought a Bluetooth keyboard on Amazon and it's not compatible with the OUYA.

Bye, Andreas

offroad
01-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Yes most "bluetooth" keyboards and mice are via a USB-bluetooth dongle. Have not seen any post about a keyboard direct to bluetooth.

mmartino
01-13-2014, 03:45 PM
I have tried 2 keyboard/mice combos and they worked direct without any dongle.

Both I got at Amazon

Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite (http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Optical-Desktop-Elite-Bluetooth/dp/B0002IG356/ref=cm_lmf_tit_4)

QQ-Tech Newest Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard (http://www.amazon.com/QQ-Tech%C2%AE-Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Handheld/dp/B00BALK9CM/ref=pd_sim_pc_4)

Currently using the QQ-Tech one though since its so much smaller.

offroad
01-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Mmartino - can you share how you had success twice with pairing the bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the OUYA, without a USB receiver? Reading many stories of being paired and then getting locked out of the OUYA later.

Am going to try experimenting with WEBE++ app on jailbroken iPhone. Not sure it will work to pair with OUYA and to sustain pairing.

mmartino
01-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Didn't do anything special. Both keyboards just connected when I powered them on. Although you do have to watch what device is number 1 because many games need one of your controllers assigned to that slot. But yeah I just turned them on and they worked.

shadow1w2
01-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Didn't do anything special. Both keyboards just connected when I powered them on. Although you do have to watch what device is number 1 because many games need one of your controllers assigned to that slot. But yeah I just turned them on and they worked.

I can confirm the QQ-Tech mini bluetooth keybaord works fine for keyboard typing.
Mouse wise though double tapping the pad causes the mouse to just drift off to the side some where till I let go.
Dunno if its just mine or just a thing it does on the Ouya.
Keyboard wise though its wonderful.

Michael Thompson
01-27-2014, 08:48 PM
I paired up a Logitech BT Keyboard for Android in a jiffy when I first fired up my Ouya so that registering it wouldn't be such a painful process.
It works perfectly.
Also using an older Dell BT Travel Mouse