PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to do

Nightfall
12-27-2013, 01:26 PM
or how do I go about trying to get Zeboyd games into the Ouya store? I loved both Breath of Death 7 and Cthulu Saves the World, played them both through the Xbox Indie Channel, and would certainly buy and play them both again on the Ouya.

Killswitch
12-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Did you try contacting them directly?

Nightfall
12-27-2013, 02:05 PM
I should have been more specific, that's my fault. More specifically how do I convince a guy that sold over 100,000 copies when he went from Xbox to Steam that he should port his game to a platform that will sell much less?

For those who are unaware BoD7 and Cthulu are both indie titles that are 16 bit JRPG's with humor thrown in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YlLNoLrwks

Killswitch
12-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Again...contact him directly :p
You're not going to convince someone if that's your sales pitch.

Doesn't hurt to ask.
They get a new audience, blah blah blah.
Don't know what they used to program it in but most programs are Android compatible.

Kaimega
12-27-2013, 07:00 PM
If they made the game on X360, then he used XNA, which is compatible with Monogame, which means he could use Xamarin to port to android if that helps. Contact them for sure, either via twitter or email and ask, never hurts right? :)

flamepanther
12-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Right now, there are a few reasons I can think of to port a game from a bigger platform to OUYA.

1. If the developer likes the console ideologically and wants to support it.
2. They can make an Android port at the same time. That means getting the huge Android userbase, plus a few extra sales on OUYA for minimal extra effort.
3. Captive audience. Platforms like XBLA and Steam have the potential for more sales, but games there are competing against big name AAA games for attention. On OUYA, the main competition for obscure indie games is other obscure indie games. That means the best ones get noticed instead of ignored, and that attention can hopefully spill over onto to other platforms where there are more users. That's the route Towerfall is hoping to take. I know I wouldn't have heard of Ittle Dew if I hadn't been searching for great OUYA games. Not only did that get them my purchase (can't buy it if I'm not aware of it), but now future Ludosity games will be something I'm watching for instead of just one more "never heard of it."

DarlenaKnobloch
12-28-2013, 05:29 AM
Did you got any response yet..?

Nightfall
12-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Email has been sent, I'll let you guys know if I get a response for sure. Are you guys interested in these games? How many JRPG fans do we have here?

Here's a copy:

I just wanted to get in contact with you about the possibility of porting BoD7 and Cthulu over to the Ouya platform? I see you have Cthulu on Android and the Ouya runs on Android. It has it's own storefront so no Google Play though because they want their games to all have free trials and controller support as almost all of the games on Google Play are touch based. Anyhow, if you would like to judge the interest from the people that own an Ouya as well as discuss whatever you might be thinking here is the forum we frequent:

http://ouyaforum.com/forum.php

The entire focus of this console is the indie developer and though there are a few decent games on it, I truly think yours would stand above the crowd.

I am not affiliated with Ouya, or anyone else, just a big fan of your games. Have bought both on the 360 and I would buy both again on the Ouya.

Hydrus
12-28-2013, 06:02 AM
Harvest Moon is a JRPG, so I guess I'm a JRPG fan. The Cthulu game seems interesting, but I don't remember seeing it in the XBLI section before. Must've been buried deep.

Nightfall
12-28-2013, 06:06 AM
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Breath-of-Death-VII/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802585504bd
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Cthulhu-Saves-the-World/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550756

Nightfall
12-31-2013, 05:23 PM
Hi,

Sorry, but we have no plans on supporting Ouya.

Thanks,
Robert Boyd
Zeboyd Games