PDA

View Full Version : Hello ouya community and developers

Nox
12-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Hello,

I have a little request to the developers.

Please make the update not mandatory so it starts as soon as I turn on the ouya. Don't get me wrong, I like that it updates itself, but when I turn on the ouya in the morning, just to see how the weather is going to be, I would like to first see that, and afterwards do the updates.

And please remove the "Press ok to restart the ouya" at the end of the update process, I does not make any sense it is there in the first place. When the ouya updates I will leave the room, just to come back later to press a button and leave again to wait for the update to finish. At least after the restart there is a sound when it finishes, not with the "press button"-screen.

I'm only using the ouya for twitch and xmbc so far, and I love the ouya for that. Wouldn't change the system for anything. It's silent. Its fast enough for all my tastes. It just works.

But please listen to my request, maybe its easy to implement, maybe I get some support for it.

Thanks,
merry christmas and a happy new year everyone!

Nox

Schizophretard
12-26-2013, 05:59 PM
I agree to the "Press ok to restart the ouya" part. For the updates, I would like to have the option to turn automatic updates on and off. I would also like for when automatic updates is on that it would automatically start when in sleep mode and when finished it would still be in sleep mode after rebooting. Then when I wake it up it shows the update notes. It would also be cool if automatic updates had an option to turn it on for the games and apps too. I wouldn't mind if the "Press ok to restart the ouya" part was turned into "Install Updates" if while downloading it I could do other things like when updating the games and apps then when it is done downloading somewhere it says,"Install Updates".