PDA

View Full Version : Some kind of social aspect...

Fights4theUsers
12-22-2013, 04:38 PM
I'd like to have some way of having a "friends list" on OUYA where I can send friend invites and game invites to other players. What do you think?

Jakenut86
12-22-2013, 04:40 PM
That would be awesome :D

Eldon.McGuinness
12-22-2013, 10:52 PM
game invites? I would be curious as to what you mean by this. I would love to see a friends like with active users.

Jakenut86
12-22-2013, 11:18 PM
I would imagine game invite would be...."Your friend, Jakenut86, has Invited you to join him in Order & Chaos. He will be on from 6pm - 9pm CST"

Also game Challenges would be cool...."Your friend, Jakenut86, has beaten your high score in Super Killer Hornet. Regain your title!!"

That would be cool :D

Eldon.McGuinness
12-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Hrm, the highscore bit is interesting. I don't think the apps, unless run as root can read from each others data, though I'm sure this could be gotten around if so desired. Not to mention there would have to be some kind of conformity as to how apps store highscore data and if we look at the save data standard, of which there is none, then that would be a long shot.

Basic IM/Mail would be nifty though, or even a status as to what app your friends are in.

Fights4theUsers
12-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Some kind of thing that shows your Ouya friends list, and if they are on, what they are playing ect. Ability to send messages back and forth. I just think that would be cool. Similar to what PS3 has or Xbox 360 but maybe add some kind of Ouya unique-ness to it.

James Andrew Coote
12-23-2013, 09:43 AM
OUYA have said they will be adding in social features at some point. It was supposed to be before the end of this year, but I think after they released in the Summer, a lot of people criticised OUYA in other areas (such as the UI), while other problems emerged that were more immediately preventing people from playing and paying (such as running out of space on their OUYA - hence the drive to get USB support).

So as a result, social stuff got pushed back. I think as well, it's something quite hard to release in small chunks and then slowly upgrade / add to. Each of the one line suggestions in this thread, even though they seem simple enough, represents a good few weeks development time to get right

Jeffry84
01-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Wouldn't it require a network like PSN (SEN)?